Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Oil

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:27 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil

There is a thread in the large scale plane forum about Amsoil synthetic Saber oil. This conversation there got pretty heated but my question is, does anyone use it in cars/trucks? Amsoil recommends running 100:1 mixture. I already bought the stuff at a local car cruise before reading that thread and if it's not good to use, I don't want to.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Oil

25:1 or 32:1 is all I mix. I don't know if it's worth the risk to seize a motor.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 PM
tapkoote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got to find that thread to read.
It's the only oil I'll use, in the boats and cars.
5oz./gal for stock motors
6oz/gal for hot motors
Old 07-13-2012, 02:53 PM
tapkoote

ORIGINAL: pcarluvr

There is a thread in the large scale plane forum about Amsoil synthetic Saber oil. This conversation there got pretty heated but my question is, does anyone use it in cars/trucks? Amsoil recommends running 100:1 mixture. I already bought the stuff at a local car cruise before reading that thread and if it's not good to use, I don't want to.
some one got a link I can't find it

Old 07-14-2012, 09:03 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

HERE you go

I run 32:1 in everything I have, try to run Pennzoil but can't friggin find it anymore locally, or even any 2 stroke oil in quart jugs...
Old 07-14-2012, 11:16 AM
tapkoote

ORIGINAL: rangerfredbob

HERE you go

I run 32:1 in everything I have, try to run Pennzoil but can't friggin find it anymore locally, or even any 2 stroke oil in quart jugs...
thanx thats quite a discussion
tap
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

two stroke oil discussions end up like that a lot... end result is to use what works for you, and use enough oil (not too much or little) and in the ratio range that the oil was designed to be used. For most users any oil will work just fine, right now I think I'm running walmart brand since it's what I grabbed at the time... only thing I hear is to avoid caster oils like Klotz, and avoid Lawnboy because it'll leave deposits in the ring land and rest of the piston
Old 07-14-2012, 06:57 PM
tapkoote

At the drag strip, oil discutions are prety much the same.
The RC boat guys run a close second.
tap
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Allways read the bottle. Some oils are diffrent with there mixing ratios, The might require more or less actial oil to get the same ratio
for exampe to get a 25:1 style of lubratation it might have to be mixed at 30:1

With some oils not 100% of the fluid is oil.

AMSOIL Saber Professional, is reccomended to me mixed at 100:1 for small engines... how strange
Old 07-24-2012, 06:45 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

There are a lot of variables to the amount of oil youll be running. As Takoote stated, every scenerio has a different amount. Drag guys run a certain amount of oil because their motors are highly modded and rev high for a substained amount of time. Same thing with the boat guys. They run a certain amount because their motors are usually modded as well but hold high revs for a really long time. In the normal setting, we usually run stock to mild modded motors and are on and off the throttle.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:46 AM
pcarluvr

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Allways read the bottle. Some oils are diffrent with there mixing ratios, The might require more or less actial oil to get the same ratio

AMSOIL Saber Professional, is reccomended to me mixed at 100:1 for small engines... how strange
So, my Nutech has a 27cc CY engine and I have not put a complete gallon through it yet and have been running 32:1 like the book says for first runs and it's the oil that came with my Echo leaf blower LOL! Now reading the bottle for the AMSOIL and the guy telling me to mix it 100:1, I'm gettin a little scared AND if I mix that oil between 25-30:1 could be wrong mixture for that particular oil. I think I should just get some other type of oil and mix it regularly and not risk it with the AMSOIL. Plus if I did use it and popped the motor, I'm sure AMSOIL wouldn't stand behind it either.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM
tapkoote

You should talk to Tony at warehouse hobbies
he's done alot of testing on Amzoil
he runs 5oz to one in stock motors and 6 to one in hot motors.
tap
Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 PM
savagecommander

Too many people are under the assumption less oil=more power, which is not the case.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:47 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: pcarluvr

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

So, my Nutech has a 27cc CY engine and I have not put a complete gallon through it yet and have been running 32:1 like the book says for first runs and it's the oil that came with my Echo leaf blower LOL! Now reading the bottle for the AMSOIL and the guy telling me to mix it 100:1, I'm gettin a little scared AND if I mix that oil between 25-30:1 could be wrong mixture for that particular oil. I think I should just get some other type of oil and mix it regularly and not risk it with the AMSOIL. Plus if I did use it and popped the motor, I'm sure AMSOIL wouldn't stand behind it either.
With the cost of a new stroker kits I'm tempted to give it a go, I'm running a stock 26cc CY
I think with that Amsoil u can still mix it at say 25:1, with out any side affects