Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gotta shut him up

ok guys i have a hpi 5b its all stock my first large scale i years ok heres my problem its a guy in my town with a 5b kickin ace i gotta shut him up hes one of those loud mouth his stuff dont stink no one can beat him kinda guys if i didnt know him for years he would have be booted from our group of our friday night meets
    like i said b4 he has a 5b with obr 27.2 long rod full mod 7.5 hp motor victory rc side mount pro pipe
    i gotta shut his trap he has the set up i was gonna run but my buddy let the cat outa the bag so now im looking 4 a new set up to beat him i know about the inline twins but i dont want that

any help would be great
    thanks

tru to this not new to this

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: gotta shut him up

Go brushless.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

naaa no thanx not the same i like the tru hobby not plug n play the sound smell n tuning is more enjoyable to me
    yea but your rite foxy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It might be fun to own one, and to just totally hand that guy his ass by like 4 buggy lengths. lol. Then sell it if you don't want to keep it, job done.

It's on my list of things to do over the next winter, convert my FG to brushless and 4wd. 0-60 in 3 secs, lol.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's true- the 2028 will walk away from any gas motor. OBR 30.5 reed with VRC BB and 20/54 got left in the dust. If BL isn't your thing though, you'll be pressed to find a motor to compete. The 34mm heads make 6.5hp non reed or stroked in boats all day. Even going 30.5 I think he'll have you on top end, and you'll be slower on the launch with taller gears. You should look into a bzm 28.5.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if the whole purpose is to shut him up... why not beat him with the same tools? get another 27.2 from the same, or any other builder and use your own ingredients and chassis setup
    bringing a more powerful, bigger, and more $$$ engine is just showing bigger pockets... not a real race. JMO
    Inferno GT​2 - RS4 2 - APEXmini touring - Baja 5T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only real advice is to learn to drive your car better than he does. Practice, maintenance and learning to set your car up will serve you far better than people telling you that one or another engine will make you beat him.

Apply the tortoise and hare principle. The fast he drives round the track, the more chance you have of winning because he'll crash every lap while you will be doing neat and consistant laps. 2 laps of the track at 40 seconds a lap if far better than a blistering 30 second lap and waiting 20 seconds before the marshall flips the car back on it's wheels.
    FG Leopard race and a bit!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go Brushless and get 6S Lipo. Kick his butt, and then if you don't want the car after that sell it and buy a good brushed that you like.
    If it works, take it apart and find out why.

Evader ST | TL-01 MT | Micro BL SCT | Radian | Alias | MCX2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mike_humphreys

The only real advice is to learn to drive your car better than he does. Practice, maintenance and learning to set your car up will serve you far better than people telling you that one or another engine will make you beat him.

Apply the tortoise and hare principle. The fast he drives round the track, the more chance you have of winning because he'll crash every lap while you will be doing neat and consistant laps. 2 laps of the track at 40 seconds a lap if far better than a blistering 30 second lap and waiting 20 seconds before the marshall flips the car back on it's wheels.
    it's a 5b so i'd assume it's pretty much straight line stuff only.

ditch your 5b and buy an fgbaja if you really want to smoke him

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

Go Brushless and get 6S Lipo. Kick his butt, and then if you don't want the car after that sell it and buy a good brushed that you like.
    More like 10S.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dude, forget that brushless stuff.
    If you wanna smoke him, get intouch with Chris Bartolone and order a 29cc Kawi long rod reed case, forget about anything in it's class, there is no motor under 30cc that will compete with it in a race from A to B.
    Mine is turning 19300 RPM threw the traps at 80mph in 4.3 seconds on 330 foot track and it has plenty more power to go after the traps, it is an outright BEAST for drag racing, it eats OBR toys for lunch..lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah, thats not offensive at all...

aside from a totally new engine debate, zenoah heads are confined by the castings. Doug, sean, ian, chris, carlo, yamadude- they all do the same tricks.

19,000rpm @80mph? id like to see that. but, i guess seeing how a stock zenoah with the crappy hpi pipe can swing those rpm at 50mph......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: On2_n_On4

if the whole purpose is to shut him up... why not beat him with the same tools? get another 27.2 from the same, or any other builder and use your own ingredients and chassis setup
    bringing a more powerful, bigger, and more $$$ engine is just showing bigger pockets... not a real race. JMO
    +1 a little bit tricky but effective, beat him with sth he has
    wanna me to press the brake? hell no!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

obviously the guy is a tosser , forget about him and go play somewhere else , soon he will realize that nobody wants to hang around him anymore and he'll end up selling his 5b on ebay .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sure dude. Car is a racing species. without someone to hang around together, definitely joy would fade away
    wanna me to press the brake? hell no!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where are u racing, last State titles here the guy that won had a stock Hpi Baja with a exhaust, thats in the unlimited up to 30.5cc class....

Sometimes more power in a 2wd wont make it faster on a track...

If he thinks his truck is unbeatable get him to race a dead stock Losi 5ive on a track... see how his 7hp holds up against 3hp with 4wd
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you need to check out and get more information on his BAJA 5B, i'm surprised nobody had told you that the engine is really the least of your worries. YES you need a good engine,but how much power is too much??
    first if it was me i would research the BEST tyres that suit the surface you are dragging on,then get the best tyres,next thing is the DIFF, you need a great diff to be able to put any reasonable power to the ground,maybe nice soft suspension and low ride height etc....

no point having a firebreather of an engine if you can't put the power to the ground,GET the tyres and diff right and by the time he has left the line trying to get grip (assuming he has a stock enough baja) he will be blinded by you're dust!!!!

throw a nice 26cc oddified in it and you will have plenty bottom end grunt,if money isn't an issue and you got the tyres and diff sorted why not really mess with his head and get an oddified engine with NITROS FITTED!!! that should have him worried LOL.....

Nitrous Injection....

An example of work undertaken:- A custom tuned engine complete with a full nitrous system, ecu controlled injection, programmable throttle and rpm point of activation. Plus temperature input with timing trim and retard when the nitrous is activated and nitrous solenoid delay.

Please note;-I'm sure you'll already know, but this is NOT legal for use in Ifmar, Efra or Brca races!.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

Dude, forget that brushless stuff.
    If you wanna smoke him, get intouch with Chris Bartolone and order a 29cc Kawi long rod reed case, forget about anything in it's class, there is no motor under 30cc that will compete with it in a race from A to B.
    Mine is turning 19300 RPM threw the traps at 80mph in 4.3 seconds on 330 foot track and it has plenty more power to go after the traps, it is an outright BEAST for drag racing, it eats OBR toys for lunch..lol.
    Dude, forget that ancient gasoline stuff, it's gonna be illegal or prohibitively expensive in less than 50 years anyway. My grandpa had a gas car. lol. (Not really, I still own three gassers and have owned 8 different ones, but you gotta respect brushless power, it's in a whole other league for 'shutting people up' )

Video of 0-80 in less than 5 seconds or it didn't happen. Also watch your language on the forum please.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

i`d rethink the bl 2028 , max power its capable of 10 hp . i have one in a 1/8 hydro and it will rock n roll . but i get it gas is cool . do some research there are a ton of things you can do , and make it look like a sleeper to boot .

i`d rethink the bl 2028 , max power its capable of 10 hp . i have one in a 1/8 hydro and it will rock n roll . but i get it gas is cool . do some research there are a ton of things you can do , and make it look like a sleeper to boot .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how can i find this Chris Bartolone guy
    and i know brushless is way more power but all the big lipos im not to kool with them my house burned to the ground coz of a lipo bout 5
    years ago thats how i lost my fg and all 22 of my other cars n trucks so uummmm no on that

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

chris is a one man show, so contacting him personally i think is a stretch. i do believe he has a website you can order through. try TGN also.

edit: lipo chemistry has changed a lot in the last five years.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Indeed, lipos are nowhere near as dangerous as they were.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

[

Video of 0-80 in less than 5 seconds or it didn't happen. Also watch your language on the forum please.
    [/quote]

Foxy, first off, I said nothing wrong to watch my language, secondly I failed to mention this is done in a FG, but regardless of which car it was done in, Chris is hands down one of the best doing at what he does.
    I can also say I have been fortunate enough to own several motors from all the top engine builders to base my opinion on and I stand by what I said before.
    I am in no way compensated by telling people what I think is the best, but I have been doing this for 7 years now in large scale GAS and pushing these cars to the limit in a timed fashion is what we do..

I have no respect for electric, you dont have the sound, nor the smell, 2 things I love about my gas cars.

If you guys want a real motor, call Chris direct at 714-767-7223 make sure you leave a detailed message and he will call back.

Also videos all over youtube, but some found on www.nitrostreets.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Foxy, first off, I said nothing wrong to watch my language, secondly I failed to mention this is done in a FG, but regardless of which car it was done in, Chris is hands down one of the best doing at what he does.
    I can also say I have been fortunate enough to own several motors from all the top engine builders to base my opinion on and I stand by what I said before.
    I am in no way compensated by telling people what I think is the best, but I have been doing this for 7 years now in large scale GAS and pushing these cars to the limit in a timed fashion is what we do..

I have no respect for electric, you dont have the sound, nor the smell, 2 things I love about my gas cars.

If you guys want a real motor, call Chris direct at 714-767-7223 make sure you leave a detailed message and he will call back.

Also videos all over youtube, but some found on www.nitrostreets.com
    You used a derogatory term for homosexuals. Please don't use that word again in the forums, especially not in reference to a segment of the hobby that others enjoy, just makes you sound like a hater. As for your gas experience, its comparable to mine. I am also an FG man primarily and also gassing about 7 years. I was only having a laugh with you, as should have been obvious by the content of my post, but if you wanna get defensive about it, obviously I won't bother continuing the discussion. I also fail to see what your engine experience is relevant to in a conversation about the pros/cons of brushless. One day you'll realise that you should have respect for all facets of the hobby. I have an open mind and enjoy both electric and internal combustion in all their forms at all scales, each offers something different than the other, I just find bushless more convenient now that I'm getting older, have a family and more limited time, but I will always keep at least one running on gas, as you say, the noise is all the money (I have an original dominator torque on my Zen, what a noise). I'll be converting my MB Pro to BL over the coming winter and maybe 4wd. Much as I like the noise, I have to drive too far away from the city to enjoy it without being antisocial.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast