Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Rampage xt gas leak problem help!

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Rampage xt gas leak problem help!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 PM
007mrdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage xt gas leak problem help!

hi guys today i was driving myrampagext and had a half full tank but it all ran out in about 20-25 minutes i was putting more gas in there but i saw that there were some gas dripping from the air filter i took the sponges off the air filter coming from -i guess- there is a thing that opens and closes when you turn choke on and off some yellow or goldenish thing i guess that is where the air and the gas meets and there was lots of gas in there. i did some drifting and lots of turns with the car can it be because of that ? need your help guys hope its not a big thing thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 02:07 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rampage xt gas leak problem help!

That yellow goldish thing is the choke valve...not sure what you are describing with the fuel dripping. BTW, I only get about 35 minutes with a full tank, so I don't where you are having fuel problem.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:40 PM
007mrdr

www.icloud.com/photostream/#A95oqs3qGDBpaShere are some pics the fuel is coming out from where the choke valve is at. All the air filter sponges was all full of fuel i took them off to check out and saw that the place where the choke valve was full of fuel hope its not important and btw i havent tuned it yet and a full tank goes about 45 minutes and will to much oil in the mixture make any problems?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 PM
splcrazy

how is the compression ? fuel flooding into the air filter is a sign of a bad ring happening .
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 AM
007mrdr

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

how is the compression ? fuel flooding into the air filter is a sign of a bad ring happening .
what does it mean ? this is my first gas engined rc so if you can explain more i will be happy thx
Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 AM
bbuzzard

I can't tell from those pics...Are you sure it is actual fuel or the filter oil on the inside of the filter housing? You will have some fuel spray inside the front carb area but from the pics, it doen't look like a problem.

ORIGINAL: 007mrdr

www.icloud.com/photostream/#A95oqs3qGDBpaShere are some pics the fuel is coming out from where the choke valve is at. All the air filter sponges was all full of fuel i took them off to check out and saw that the place where the choke valve was full of fuel hope its not important and btw i havent tuned it yet and a full tank goes about 45 minutes and will to much oil in the mixture make any problems?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
007mrdr

Ä° am sure that it is fuel I smelled it and the fuel seemed to be coming out from the choke valve housing or somewhere deeper the pics were taken after it was dry. And the filter sponges were all wet im sure no oil because i havent oiled it and it was completely dry before running but then when i squeezed the sponges there
were lots of fuel in the sponges then i opened it and saw fuel coming from the choke housing
Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 AM
bbuzzard

You need to make sure you oil those oil filters or you will kill the motor in dirty situations. This may be an issue that the fuel is soaking through because you didn't oil the filters.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM
007mrdr

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

You need to make sure you oil those oil filters or you will kill the motor in dirty situations. This may be an issue that the fuel is soaking through because you didn't oil the filters.
youre right i couldnt do it cause i had no oil or wd-40 etc with me and i was just using it onroad cause i didnt oil it well hope you are right next time ill oil it and try again