Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried the integy snow tracks on 5B?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Anyone tried the integy snow tracks on 5B?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 AM
GiantScale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried the integy snow tracks on 5B?

I see integy makes snow tracks for the HPI Baja 5B. They look like they work fairly well if you search Utube. Has anyone had any first hand experience with them?
http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...6#.ULJkaa4Z-dk
A little spendy..

I wonder if you could mount them to the 5ive-T or if the zenoah wouldn't have enough power to drive four of them?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Default RE: Anyone tried the integy snow tracks on 5B?

Kodiak from HBF has a huge thread going on a show truck he is putting them on. They seem to work well, but you never know with Integy.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 AM
GiantScale

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Kodiak from HBF has a huge thread going on a show truck he is putting them on.
OK thanks found it.. HPIbajaforum
Kodiak hasn't used them yet and no reviews I can find as of yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
nutechracingusa

I have 2 sets on my Nutech TB III, so far the tracks seem ok. I ran it a couple of times and managed to bend a few of the side links hitting small rock and such but all in all they are pretty durable. I've been working with the factory on replacement parts as there's a lot of different pieces that make up the track itself. Performance is still decent with 4, I haven't ran it with just 2 as I wanted to run all 4 with 4WD. Still waiting for some snow to play in, other then that I just ran it around in open fields and some pavement. These tracks create quite a bit of resistance until they're broken in. I don't know if I would go as far as to say they were worth the retail price but they are pretty cool lol.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:54 PM
stiggwelder

cool as mate, gotta build me a tracked wagen
Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
GiantScale

ORIGINAL: nutechracingusa

I have 2 sets on my Nutech TB III, so far the tracks seem ok. I ran it a couple of times and managed to bend a few of the side links hitting small rock and such but all in all they are pretty durable. I've been working with the factory on replacement parts as there's a lot of different pieces that make up the track itself. Performance is still decent with 4, I haven't ran it with just 2 as I wanted to run all 4 with 4WD. Still waiting for some snow to play in, other then that I just ran it around in open fields and some pavement. These tracks create quite a bit of resistance until they're broken in. I don't know if I would go as far as to say they were worth the retail price but they are pretty cool lol.
Very cool! Maybe Nutech would build some tracks for a lower price?. IMO a 2WD with skis would be faster. And the tracks need more surface area to support the heavy rear in deeper snow.
Please post a video when you run it in the snow.
Or better yet now.. I cant wait to see that thing roll!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM
morespeed

that is awesome, sweet.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM
nutechracingusa

Thanks guys,
I don't think tracks were really meant for performance, weather your running 2 or 4 these are a ton of rotating mass. Even with skis up front the rear will sink in deep snow and drag bottom. I wanted a certain look with this build and skis up front just didn't fit the scale look. If your looking for snow performance I run with a few guys that use paddles on the rear and skies up front on there bajas which keep them on top of the deep snow as long as you stay on the pipe :-)... All 4 tracks wont get through anymore snow then 2 with skis but I plan to use these for much more then just snow :-)....

Only takes me 2 minutes to change the transmission gears so I plan to have a set of crawler gears for fun and a set of fast gears for when I want to run around the track and open fields. Sure glad I have Hitec dual steering servos because these tracks up front sure take a lot to turn unless its moving lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Nitro Fumes

It must take a really strong steering servo with those tracks up front.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those tracks look like they would dig into snow in reverse and nearly forward?? Wonder why the front top pulley is so low?
And might work better in reverse it the rear had Top pulley like in the front.

Still that truck looks awesome
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 AM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Those tracks look like they would dig into snow in reverse and nearly forward?? Wonder why the front top pulley is so low?

just as well we don't have reverse then eh?

if they were made like snowmobile tracks...ie belted rubber, then you'd get some speed maybe.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Its not the way I would designed the tracks but these are the only ones available so I had to work with it lol. Those front top pullies is how you adjust the track tension. I wish they would have just made one of the lower front or rear boggy wheels adjustable for track tension and did away with that top front pulley. I also tried swapping the front 2 tracks around and it was even worse so I put them back.

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

just as well we don't have reverse then eh?

if they were made like snowmobile tracks...ie belted rubber, then you'd get some speed maybe.
Any way to cut down weight on these tracks would make for better performance. Its pretty cool how each section of the track is separate so all the lugs move independently from each other which keeps the tracks from binding when it rolls :-)...

ORIGINAL: Nitro Fumes

It must take a really strong steering servo with those tracks up front.
Dual steering servos, Hitec 5755, I don't think a single steering servo would cut it running tracks up front.

These tracks weight just over 3.5lbs a piece lol....

Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 PM
nutechracingusa

Here some video in dirt and snow . I ran into a problem running them up front, when you turn they like to pack with snow and lock up, same with dirt, sand, gravel ect.

[link]http://youtu.be/c1UNtY8fj5o[/link]
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
GiantScale

Here some video in dirt and snow . I ran into a problem running them up front, when you turn they like to pack with snow and lock up, same with dirt, sand, gravel ect.

[link]http://youtu.be/c1UNtY8fj5o[/link]
Bad ass! thanks.

Wonder if integy sells parts? You could take one track and mount it to the new[link]http://www.atomik-rc.com/Brian-Deegan-Metal-Mulisha-MM-450-R-C-Dirtbike.html[/link] atomik MM 450!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watching the video, there seems to be a lot of drag with the tracks? Seems as if you really got to stay on the pipe to keep it going and there is no coasting as you let off the throttle it darn near stops.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:53 PM
nutechracingusa

ORIGINAL: GiantScale

Bad ass! thanks.

Wonder if integy sells parts? You could take one track and mount it to the new[link]http://www.atomik-rc.com/Brian-Deegan-Metal-Mulisha-MM-450-R-C-Dirtbike.html[/link] atomik MM 450!
That would be cool to convert one of those large scale dritbikes..

ORIGINAL: pcarluvr
Watching the video, there seems to be a lot of drag with the tracks? Seems as if you really got to stay on the pipe to keep it going and there is no coasting as you let off the throttle it darn near stops.
Tons of drag until I reconfigured them and I was getting tired of the tracks constantly locking up so I decided to try one last thing before I converted back to wheels. I removed about 5" of track and reconfigured the boggy wheels so its more of a triangle like they should be. Cut down a ton of weight so it turns like it has wheels again. It also eliminated most of the drag so when I let off the gas it coasts instead of locking up all 4 tracks lol. All in all I now have the tracked offroad vehicle I was after.

New video to follow shortly...