Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Radio suggestion wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Straick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio suggestion wanted

I just got a 1:5 Kalee Baja 4x4(please don't get on me about the brand, it was used and the price was right), and it came with the Traxxas 2.4ghz radio, which I have been unable to find a way to set the internal failsafe on the throttle for anything other than neutral(and the sell this radio on nitro cars).
I am planning on upgrading the radio to a 3 channel unit(remote ignition kill and failsafe on it), but want to be able to set the failsafe settings for the receiver. My only other major criteria is that there is a screen to tell me what setting I'm at and where I have it set.
I'm not sure if it matters now, but I will be upgrading both throttle and steering to much stronger servos(think metal gear high torque).

I have run it after a good going over, and other than the rear shock brace(cheap aluminum originally replaced with a piece of steel) folding, it's been good.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:53 PM
krayziedxc
My Feedback: (9)

As long as its 1/5 scale i careless about brand..never heard of kalee baja is that something new. pics? you can get an killer rc switch fail safe..
Old 08-13-2013, 05:44 AM
Straick

Pics will be coming once I find the cable to the camera. I will say this about it, it's way different to run than my Revo was, and the sound of the tuned exhaust is just music to my ears.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:16 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I have Traxxas, Kyosho, HPI, FlySky radios and they are all great, never had a problem with them.
But when it comes to a 1:5 scale 30+lbs missile, I ONLY trust Futaba. JMO.
and get yourself one of these http://www.killerrc.com/product/supe...witch-car-kit/
Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What he said ^^ I have a 4PK which i am very satisfied with, but i guess a 4PL would be serving the purpose well enough too. And get the killswitch, no failsafe will do anything close to this one.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Straick

Happy to hear that kill switch recommendation, as I was already looking at it, and was going to actually ask about that also. A shutdown engine with the brakes on full seems a lot safer than a full run away.
I did want to ask, is a digital servo high torque metal gear servo worth the price difference over an analog high torque metal gear servo for the steering(I'll only run metal gear after a few stripped gear sets in the nylon ones, with servo savers installed)?