Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

ROVAN RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 AM
tntlilpimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROVAN RC

Bought one of these today, http://www.rovanrc.com/Rovan_30_5cc_...ble_p/rv38.htm.

I know its a knock off no need telling me that. My question is who has had expercience with these trucks and what parts to change out first, also what hpi model is it closest to so i know where to start ordering aluminum parts and a two speed upgrade from.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM
DarkFire989

Default RE: ROVAN RC

I recommend taking the entire thing apart and rebuilding it when you get it. Some parts might not be tightened properly.

Buy a killswitch immediately. These things are flying death traps, if it hits you or someone you will be breaking a body part.
Get outerwears filters. This will help your engine stay safe
Replace parts as they break. If it aint broke dont fix it. Any 5T part will work, except the diff internals I believe. If you grenade your diff, just buy a whole new HPI one.
Do not buy Aluminum arms. They are heavy and will bend under stress. Buy cheaper RPM arms.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
tntlilpimp

thanks for the advice man
Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

I recommend taking the entire thing apart and rebuilding it when you get it. Some parts might not be tightened properly.

Buy a killswitch immediately. These things are flying death traps, if it hits you or someone you will be breaking a body part.
Get outerwears filters. This will help your engine stay safe
Replace parts as they break. If it aint broke dont fix it. Any 5T part will work, except the diff internals I believe. If you grenade your diff, just buy a whole new HPI one.
Do not buy Aluminum arms. They are heavy and will bend under stress. Buy cheaper RPM arms.
Great Advice +1
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
lawnman36

Kill switch for sure
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

If you haven't, check the clutch pads and the entire drivetrain. I bought a Rovan 5B awhile ago. I never checked anything. After 4 tanks of gas my entire drivetrain was destroyed. Turned out that there was only 1 clutch pad on the clutch and the other was missing (never installed from factory) which I'm guessing threw the drivetrain off balance, unless other stuff was missing too.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:30 PM
tntlilpimp

Hey guys just thaught I should let you know, I purchased a rovan 26 cc buggy (5b baja clone) and so far its been great only changed a park plug so far and I have to repair the wing. Are the integy type II front brakes a good investment... I seen the buggy sort of has problems stopping.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:50 PM
DarkFire989

The "Intejunk" brakes have had mixed reviews. People say they work OK with some modification.

Honestly I just got a new brake kit instead of the stock ones, work pretty damn well.

Edit: This [link]http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.3553/.f[/link]