Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Rovan vs King Motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 08:30 PM
Roadmonster96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rovan vs King Motor

Hello, I plan on purchasing a clone buggy this summer. I apologize if this has been discussed to death, but I could not find the specifics I am looking for. I am torn between the King Motor and the Rovan.

Pros:The Rovan has a 36cc engine available. The King Motor has better tires, and upgraded aluminum shock towers/supports.

Cons:The Rovan has "pin" rear tires, and I have heard they wear extremely quickly on pavement. The King Motor has a 30.5cc engine, which is smaller than the one in the Rovan.

The King Motor is $50 or so more expensive, but the better wheels/shock towers seems to be worth that price.

I have heard people say that the Rovan uses better plastic, but I'm not sure if that's a big difference.

Is the 36cc that much faster than the 30.5cc? I've heard some people say theres plenty of power regardless, and both engines are plenty powerful.

I do not plan on racing, just messing around in the backyard and in parks by the house. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!
Old 01-31-2021, 08:12 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, it won't make a difference in the long run. You will break parts which will be HPI parts. I had a King Motors Baja over ten years ago and it went through 3 different configurations and 4 different engines. Also, Zenoah or CY engines are the more reliable. FWIW, I ran a 28cc that was ESP-ported and it was very fast with the proper gearing.