Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New Rovan 5T Terminator

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 AM
jeffdearduff
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Rovan 5T Terminator

Not the best video but it will have to do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0aWz5GLMQ
Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Looks good to me
Old 03-31-2013, 10:59 PM
jeffdearduff

Thanks man. Stay tuned more videos on the way. Check out my youtube channel and subscribe.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JDEARDUFF?feature=mhee
Old 04-01-2013, 06:24 PM
bryan70546

I'm building up a hpi 5T at the moment , and using clone parts lol .they hold up just fine for me.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 PM
jeffdearduff

I will say that most of the clone parts that I have bought and tried did not fit or work. I have stuck with HPI, or Turtle Racing parts. With a few others mixed in. But there are not many clone parts on this clone car.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
bryan70546

Yea I just have the rovan clone of the team chase cage , and the clone bug body 2 of them , and a few sets of tires and rims so far everything has held up great.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
jeffdearduff

New video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJKZIeGJ0ww
Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Murdoch7

I just got my Rovan terminator and I haven't had any problems. I got the 30.5cc 4 bolt motor and this thing is nuts! I'm going to look into the extenders for axle because I've flipped this thing a bunch. Why are you changing all this stuff right away? I figure lots of the parts are going to break but I feel I need to run it before I start changing stuff. Mine came with tuned exhaust pipe and a bunch of other things. I do have the steering issue and now it won't turn more than a 1/4" either direction. Do you know of a good servo for the steering. The kill switch is built into the receiver on these from what the book and cd said. Where did you find the info on what parts to keep on hand? All I have found is how horrible of a person I am for buying this. People get so heated about it as if the name brand trucks are made in USA! If they were then I'd save longer and buy it. Anyway private message me any helpful info. Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 PM
jeffdearduff

Screw anyone that gives you crap for your truck. There just pissed they spent that kind of money when they really didn't have to. If you are having steering troubles look at the servo saver arm first. Mine was shot right out of the box. I got a dark soul arm and it took care of all my problems. Before I bought my truck I watched every youtube video I could find. And noted everything that other people had problems with. When my truck got here I went through it and found a few things that needed to be taken care of. The clutch bell was the first thing I found. Mine was bent right out of the box. I had to replace that before I even started the truck. Other than that most of the stuff I replaced was to just upgrade it. I did have a lot of problems with the shocks. I did replace those with HPI ones and they have been great. My diff did come apart after about 4 tanks of gas. If I were you I would get a new diff right now and have it on stand by. Get a HPI diff not a Rovan. Other than that just have fun with it.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Murdoch7

Right on thanks man. I'm talking with my brother about opening a outlaw track for primarily 1/5 scale and the other classes can run it. I'm going to allow anyone to run. Doesn't matter to me, clone custom or the major brands. Where I live there is nothing for kids to do and the jobs don't pay a lot in this area and I couldn't turn away people because people don't like the brand. When it gets going you'll have to come down and run. I'm going to get the diff and I just blew a shock today so 4 of those and just run it. I am new to the 1/5 trucks and I made the mistake of buying a losi 1/8 nitro buggy as my first car a few years back and totaled it the first day and was like wth I'm broke from buying it and I have to rebuild the whole thing!! So when I saw the Rovan I jumped on it!! Ill let you know when the tracks ready.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:12 PM
chknntz

I have looked at rovan for a cheap alternative to get into the 1/5 scale, I see saving the money and yes some of the fun part is breaking it down to repair it, I hope when I do decide to buy one I get a lot of luck on the one that is shipped to me, and yes before any fuel is put through it, I'm going to tear it down completely and inspect every part. Why dont you do one on a recat series 1/5 scale cause you really go into detail on whats wrong or bad or good with something
Old 09-03-2013, 11:33 PM
ou2mame

i have the same truck, though i'm going a different route with it. my objective is to try and run it for as cheap as possible. so far so good! i got it used, barely, but really cheap. so i did a cheap clone aluminum clutch carrier, that works great. ended up jb welding the bottom shock mounts to the shaft cause they kept falling off.. made axle pins with my dremel and some metal, replaced a brake fin with a piece of tool that the guy threw in, etc. i really just have fun trying to make it run without spending crazy money. i run it mainly in the sand only, so i'm running the engine at a high rpm for extended periods of time, but it hasn't crapped out yet! i run castor 927, give it a break every half tank, and it keeps going. i'm onto like 40 tanks and its going strong. starts on the third pull every time. my friend has a king motors that he has done real upgrades to, and honestly, they're about the same degree of reliability. my problem today was my gas cap wouldn't seal so i put a big metal washer in, and a rubber gasket from ace, and its holding fuel again! i put a nipple through the cap and ran and vent because it was leaking out the pin hole too much. my truck looks like something from mad max... but its reliable and fun,
Old 12-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Ten_Bucks

Its nice to see others from NorCal into large scale RC. I've got a buddy in Orangevale that has a 5T. I have a heavily modded 5B and I'm gonna be buying another (possibly a clone) for another high zoot build. I'm also planning a bash day in my area and it'd be cool to have you there. Let me know if you're interested.

Scott
Old 01-24-2014, 01:26 PM
jeffdearduff

Originally Posted by Ten_Bucks
Its nice to see others from NorCal into large scale RC. I've got a buddy in Orangevale that has a 5T. I have a heavily modded 5B and I'm gonna be buying another (possibly a clone) for another high zoot build. I'm also planning a bash day in my area and it'd be cool to have you there. Let me know if you're interested.

Scott
That would be great to get together and bash. If you do it let me know. I will be there.