Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Hall effect sensor on flywheel????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Hall effect sensor on flywheel????

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hall effect sensor on flywheel????

Hey guys, im wondering can does anyone have experience with hall efect sensors on small engines?

Ive got a losi 5ive and im using the traxxas Tqi with telemerty. atm ive only got temp.

I brought a traxxas RPM sensor and planed to mount the small magnat to the centre diff, but have since learned it gets way to hot for any glue to hold the magnat and it will only do speed, not engine RPM.

After looking adound ive seen some old threads regarding home made tachometer using a Hall efect sensor that runs of the flywheel magnats. They say the magnat strenth is strong enough to mount the sensor on the out side of the fan cover with some glue

So I got to thinking the traxxas RPM sensor is just a hall efect sensor right????.... I should be able to mount it on the flywheel cover like the above method?
I like the idea that it will show engine RPM, but its speed readings will be wrong when the clutch is disengaged. might have to get the traxxas GPS module when it comes out for accurate speed readings.... that soundscool just thinking about it.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Hall effect sensor on flywheel????

bump