Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

cen racing matrix 5sc

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 06:23 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cen racing matrix 5sc

I've read the initial reviews of 2009, and all the bs about it bein a rebadged whatever, whoo's got one and whaddya think of it??? I just got mine broke in, and 0 issues.... LOL... I've been reading of some horror stories of recieving brand new BROKE RTR (ready to recycle) and i just cant digest the bad rap Cen has gotten!! is it there customer service,parts availability???/ wasssup?? I'll soon post vids of mine a runnin..... but i think it's a winner for the price I paid..... Robert
Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 AM
mopartybob

Default RE: cen racing matrix 5sc

[:-] really.... anybody ???
Old 02-16-2013, 01:26 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are happy with it.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:32 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Put those vids up!!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
mopartybob

cameraman took the day off.... maybe today? ran a coupla tanks thru it, aside from no balls on the bottom end, once it started to wind up it really kicked in,(for bein a stock set-up),at the end of the day,it ran 36.7mph , it aint no baja thats fer shure, but nuthin broke or fell off...lol... the 400.00 i paid I feel was worth it, my nitro stuff can be tedious, and to relax for 45min. runnin this thing gives me time to do just that.... relax! aside from the priority hop-ups already ordered,tuned pipe,metal gears, maybe a stronger clutch spring will help in launching this thing. I'll update as we go along, one point of sourness is the sc tires/rims on this, seems that there is an insert that goes halfway up the rim to strengthen the sidewalls, i noticed this as a wrinkle is starting to present itself on all four corners, and these are not listed in the parts ordering catalogue, hmmm ,more research here is needed,.mpb
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

I always liked the look of that truck. I only saw one dude on here who had one previous to you,so I am curious how it runs. All the vids I seen before weren't great. Since it is basically using the FS platform, there have parts available and hopups. Not sure about those wheels but if you put some baja wheel adapters on there, you can use the Baja SC wheel set.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 AM
mopartybob

Thanks for the info bbuzzard, for sure i'll try to get some vids. up.. my son literally beat the stuffing outta this thing yesterday, drove it like he stole it,lol, we'll see how it does today... Robert
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Sir Pay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the Matrix holding up for you?  i have 2 of their 1/5th scales and so far so good.