Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Should the body be off for first tank of break in?

I was wondering should i run my hpi gasser and redcat rampage without the body on for the first tank of fuel for break in? According to hpi running the first tank of fuel should be done gently. They also say that after the first tank you should be good to go to run it harder. I do understand and know they are much different then nitro engines and do not need the intense break in process like nitro vehicles. I also so many people on youtube doing the break in with the body on.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. I plan to run Klotz as my main oil after break in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Should the body be off for first tank of break in?

no break in required...do a quick heat cycle for 10mins, wot allowed in bursts...then let it cool, then tune it and thrash the pants off it

ask yourself this...do you have to run in a weedwacker, chainsaw, pipe saw etc....nope you don't and our little engines are no different. gently idling on a stand for a tank or 2..lol, breakin in for 2-3 tanks etc is totally unnecessary, is a nasty residue left over from peoples nitro days and will hurt the performance more than help it..this debate has been floating around for a while now and it's a non debate...i contacted zenoah, got a reply and yhey stated, a quick heat cycle and off you go...no break in required
    can't imagine gently weedwacking for 2-3 tanks...lol wouldn't get much done

you can "run it in" how you want but hard driven engines drive hard

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Should the body be off for first tank of break in?

They only say those things to help avoid warranty issues from people who expect to be able to totally spank their engine from the first second they light it up. These engines don't require any kind of break in process, it is just sensible to take it easy for the first 10-15 minutes while the fuel oil circulates for the first time, bed everything in, then tune for speed and never look back.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator