Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Help, truck revs itself.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:43 PM
StarscreamF22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, truck revs itself.

Hi all,

I have a Maverick Blackout which I believe is almost identical to the Rampage MT.

After I put almost 1 tank of fuel through my truck (brand new), it started accelerating by itself. I tried adjusting the idle needle and low end setting on the carb and for a few seconds its fine and then just accelerates to top speed.

I checked the throttle linkage and that's fine, also it does not move when the truck accelerates by itself so it's def not the throttle causing it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:24 AM
mooman007uk

Default RE: Help, truck revs itself.

i'd take another close look at the th servo itself..the servos HSP use in the blackout/rampage are total garbage and it's really where they belong....the throttle servo is probably glitching and going wot....the linkage itself will appear to be fine as the problem will be with the servo itself

you are one of many who have had this problem....the th servo failures are responsible for many runaways...you'll need another standard size servo you can check it with, i'd bet the house it's a bad servo

and with that said make sure you run a kill switch, nothing worse than 45lb doing 35mph and hitting somebody or something....not pretty
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM
StarscreamF22

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

i'd take another close look at the th servo itself..the servos HSP use in the blackout/rampage are total garbage and it's really where they belong....the throttle servo is probably glitching and going wot....the linkage itself will appear to be fine as the problem will be with the servo itself

you are one of many who have had this problem....the th servo failures are responsible for many runaways...you'll need another standard size servo you can check it with, i'd bet the house it's a bad servo

and with that said make sure you run a kill switch, nothing worse than 45lb doing 35mph and hitting somebody or something....not pretty

I replaced all the servos as soon as I got the truck so I have good servos all around. When the truck accelerates the servo arm does not move, neither does the linkage. I also have a kill switch fitted. I upgraded/modded a fair bit before running the truck.

This problem is really puzzling argh...
Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 PM
madmax93

I know this might sound stupid, but is there fresh batt. in the truck and remote.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This'll sound stoopid also, you have an air leak asumawheres,.... could be carb, could be cyl. base gasket??? try and start it with the choke closed , if it runs (idles) you have an air leak.... good luck, Robert
Old 05-27-2013, 08:15 PM
DarkFire989

Bob might be right. When I had an air leak in my Baja it revved like crazy. Turned out I blew the head gasket.