Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

1/5 redcat rampage dunerunner wont start new out of box

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/5 redcat rampage dunerunner wont start new out of box

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:14 PM
captin71newport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/5 redcat rampage dunerunner wont start new out of box

and yes it has spark has compression and gas been pulling for 5 hours it wont start or offer to start what a pos
Old 09-14-2013, 02:40 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it should start if it has compression, spark and fuel/air.....

is it a strong spark,.....????
u say it has gas? what does that mean, does that mean there is some in the tank? or have u checked to see that fuel can make it into the combustion chamber?

i would think if it has spark, comp and gas like u say.....u probably flooded it with the first 5min and spent 4h and 55min trying to start a flooded motor making it worse with each pull
Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove the plug, turn the car upside down, give it a few yanks on the pullstart to get the fuel out, and let it sit a while to dry out the cylinder.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:36 PM
captin71newport

Has gas in combustion chamber it also sprays gas out the tail pipe it seens to be pouring gas in
Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 PM
captin71newport

tired of pulling the cord so I put it to my drill to turn it over and used starter fluid it still wont start this thing is a waste of money
Old 09-14-2013, 05:42 PM
mooman007uk

is it an hy motor? if it is chances are the carb is the culprit.....the walbro copy hsp use on the hy 30.5 is utter crap...there are two things you need to change before you start it; the carb and throttle servo, and trust me if you don't change the th servo it will runaway when you do finally get it running and find the nearest hard object to hit at wot
Old 09-14-2013, 06:24 PM
captin71newport

if I stand the car up like this it will idle so after messing with the carb gor 30 min I got to run it down the road not worth the wait and I found the 20.1 gas mix it asks for in break in not a good idea so its at 30.1 runs a little better tomorrow ill run the dog ***** out of it and this will be the last redcat rc I buy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130914_194740.jpg
Views:	3257
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	1920558  
Old 09-15-2013, 11:18 AM
mooman007uk

also check the fuel tank is venting properly..that's a common problem with a lot of 5th scales
Old 09-15-2013, 12:09 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Is this your first Gas truck? Where do you live?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:37 PM
captin71newport

Yes this is my first gas truck but it should be no different from a chain saw motor but this thing is a piece of crap its a pain to keep running and runs different each time you restart it
Old 09-15-2013, 04:30 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

First, vent the tank. Then get a 990 carb. The HY carbs are getting better, but its best to turn the needles out to 3 tunrs out and pull a few times. That may release some crap from machining the carb. Then re set the needles and give it a go.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 PM
phmaximus

This is a classic example of u get what u pay for.... Should of got a losi

Why not take it back and get it fixed under warranty? It's not a POS... they all dont do this, its bad luck that yourself does.

by the sounds its a fuel related problem. Do u know what to check?
Old 09-15-2013, 09:15 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

It could be a number of things, thats why I asked his location, so someone with more experience can check it out.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
captin71newport

I wanted a losi but thought the cheaper one to start cause I know ill end up wrecking it but now I understand u get what you pay for.i called tec support and hes like rest it to factory settings ive tried this it does not start have blisters from 8 hours of pulling to prove it and yes I under stand mechanics I work on cars anyways tc coulded help want me to send it in $$$$ shipping cost **** this company any better motors out there or a site name to get parts and not factory parts and to the location question im located in beach north Dakota
Old 09-16-2013, 02:32 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Check the inside of the tank to make sure the clunk/fuel filter is at the bottom when the truck is flat on the ground. If it'll start with the front up, that might be an issue. Also check your choke on the carb. We had a customer bring one in for the same reason. We asked him to demonstrate and he pulled and pulled and never took the choke off. Also check your carb needle settings. Not sure which carb is on there but go 1 1/4 on low and high. Maybe someone at the factory didnt set them correctly.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:46 PM
captin71newport

Factory is 1 1/2 high 11/4 low car will not run starts with 21/4 and 13/4 low and yes the choke is off today I got it going and had to have it run for 15 min before I could drive it and had to adjust the carb while I ran it got so high speed out of it but when I refilled gas had to adjust the carb again let it idle mess with it for 5 mins and go again so im going to pull the carb to see if something is in it or I might see how fast I can get it before it hits a street light next car will be battery powered.is there a place to buy different carbs for this motor its a hy motor 30cc
Old 09-16-2013, 07:39 PM
mooman007uk

check the clunk line runs to the bottom carb nipple...my old rampage had crossed lines from the factory
Old 09-16-2013, 08:35 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.873/.f
Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 PM
phmaximus

Originally Posted by captin71newport
Factory is 1 1/2 high 11/4 low car will not run starts with 21/4 and 13/4 low and yes the choke is off today I got it going and had to have it run for 15 min before I could drive it and had to adjust the carb while I ran it got so high speed out of it but when I refilled gas had to adjust the carb again let it idle mess with it for 5 mins and go again so im going to pull the carb to see if something is in it or I might see how fast I can get it before it hits a street light next car will be battery powered.is there a place to buy different carbs for this motor its a hy motor 30cc
Awsome, that's a start... What did u do different?

when u start it did u pump the fuel bowl until the lines were primed
put choke on.
pull starter until u here the motor pop.
turn choke of.
pull starter untill it starts??

u were saying u had to let it run for 15min before u could drive it... What happened? Would it stall?
did u get the low speed needle settings done while it was idling?

Personally I would run a few tanks (at least one) before u try high speed runs
Old 09-17-2013, 09:38 AM
captin71newport

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Awsome, that's a start... What did u do different?

when u start it did u pump the fuel bowl until the lines were primed
put choke on.
pull starter until u here the motor pop.
turn choke of.
pull starter untill it starts??

u were saying u had to let it run for 15min before u could drive it... What happened? Would it stall?
did u get the low speed needle settings done while it was idling?

Personally I would run a few tanks (at least one) before u try high speed runs
Did all that just like u said but there was no pop. Ive got 3 tanks in but it not getting better it still stalls out wil try to get the other 2 tanks in but most of the tanks are just idle time cause it wont run very long but it does idle better with low speed turned out more then high and once It gets going I have to turn it down but 2 tanks left and if it wont work then ill put a different carb on it
Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 AM
captin71newport

Originally Posted by mooman007uk
check the clunk line runs to the bottom carb nipple...my old rampage had crossed lines from the factory
How do I tell which is the clunk line
Old 09-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look in the tank, if you see the fuel line with a clunk on the end it it the line that sucks fuel into the carb. How fresh is your gas by the way? If old, try with fresh gas just to eliminate that.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:47 AM
phmaximus

Originally Posted by captin71newport
Did all that just like u said but there was no pop. Ive got 3 tanks in but it not getting better it still stalls out wil try to get the other 2 tanks in but most of the tanks are just idle time cause it wont run very long but it does idle better with low speed turned out more then high and once It gets going I have to turn it down but 2 tanks left and if it wont work then ill put a different carb on it
Just a warining... be carefull running it if there is problems.... say its leaking air at the carby gasket. by running it u will be running it lean witch will heat it up and because its idling with no airflow it will problary over heat and if u keep doing it it WILL seize or snag a ring on a port. not to mention the excessive ware on the motor...

im totally confused.... u say it dident pop? how did u get it started?
3 tanks down and it still stalls out? when does it stall? idling or when u gas it?
it wont run very long,... how did u get it to run for 3 tanks?
and what do u mean by, it idles better with the LSN turned out more than HSN and u have 2 turn it down when going?

before we get to involved do u know how to set the LSN and the LSN? doesent matter either way, we can teach u

Before u start pulling things apart and replacing them lets just double check its not a tuning issue...
can u get a video of it running and how it stalls?
Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 AM
captin71newport

Originally Posted by phmaximus
Just a warining... be carefull running it if there is problems.... say its leaking air at the carby gasket. by running it u will be running it lean witch will heat it up and because its idling with no airflow it will problary over heat and if u keep doing it it WILL seize or snag a ring on a port. not to mention the excessive ware on the motor...

im totally confused.... u say it dident pop? how did u get it started?
3 tanks down and it still stalls out? when does it stall? idling or when u gas it?
it wont run very long,... how did u get it to run for 3 tanks?
and what do u mean by, it idles better with the LSN turned out more than HSN and u have 2 turn it down when going?

before we get to involved do u know how to set the LSN and the LSN? doesent matter either way, we can teach u

Before u start pulling things apart and replacing them lets just double check its not a tuning issue...
can u get a video of it running and how it stalls?
I got it to start by puy putting 75/90 gear oil inthe cylinder putting my finger over the spark plug hole and pulling the cord a few times them pulling the plug back in standing the car up like in picture above found it easier to pull cord and it started to pop and then fired then stalled and I continued this for a while until it stayed running laying on all 4 wheels I let it sit outside and idle.as for video let me get my youtube acount and ill post video

Last edited by captin71newport; 09-19-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

PM me your address. I will send you a new carb from Redcat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.