Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Rampage xb throttle servo

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:34 AM
arcknight23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage xb throttle servo

I have a question I'm hoping to have answered. I would like to know when I replace my throttle/brake servo doing just plug it in and go or do I have to set it up somehow? I'm pretty new to the 1/5 gassers
Old 12-22-2013, 01:27 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Just make sure that you power it and have it centered and in neutral before you put the servo horn on.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:48 PM
arcknight23

How would I make sure it is centered and neutral?
Old 12-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to make sure that the radio (or the actual channel) is set to zero on the trim, then the servo will center itself when you turn on the transmitter. Then you mount it on the car and when it's done, you might have to adjust the trim on the transmitter to get the servo to stay where it used to before you swapped the servo.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:06 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arcknight23
I have a question I'm hoping to have answered. I would like to know when I replace my throttle/brake servo doing just plug it in and go or do I have to set it up somehow? I'm pretty new to the 1/5 gassers
IMO, that question popped up some red flags! I hope you aren't new to RC and running largescale...any RC servo needs to be set up they same way as Lars stated. Make sure you understand all the basics before you run it and get a kill switch.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:22 PM
arcknight23

Oh no I've been into RCS for years and have a little collection but when it comes to 1/5 scale gas this is my first and thank you for all the info I'm checking out some servos but I'm not to sure if the will fit.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:43 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Many of the Redcat guys are running a Hitec HS-5645MG for their throttle and a couple of Hitec 5765MG for steering.