Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

1/5 scale Husqvarna Weed Eater rc truck build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/5 scale Husqvarna Weed Eater rc truck build

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:37 AM
ManDime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/5 scale Husqvarna Weed Eater rc truck build

Ok so i have this 22 cc Weed Eater Husqvarna motor. I know it needs carb work which should be a problem considering finding parts wont be an issue. The motor is about 7 years old and has been sitting. So i imagine the hoses are gone as well as the bulb.

What else would yall suggest i check?
Has anyone else done a build like this that can give me tips or a layout to how you set everything together?
I know i will need to do some fab work.
How would yall suggest i lay out the chassis?
All Ideas are helpful. I want to do a metal chassis. I have friends who know CAD and the old school way (pencil and velon paper) who i could ask to help design a chassis. I will probably use losi or other 1/5th scale rc parts for arms, receiver box, servo mount, steering hardware, and whatever else i will find useful. So help me out and i will post pictures of what i got soon. I may just make a roll cage and do a body later down the road. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Hello.

Post your thread here instead ---> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-g...cale-cars-234/

Old 06-12-2014, 05:34 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Dirty suggested, go to the large scale section of the forum. Also check out he link below, it's a list of different home builds that'll give you some ideas.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-g...st-topics.html

Using the front end and/or rear off of another vehicle will make things easier to build. Keep an eye on craigslist and eBay for parts vehicles. If you're considering using a donor vehicle or donor parts you might want to consider a 1/8 buggy or truggy. 1/8 parts are tough and buggies can donate parts like c-hubs and knuckles making wheel mounting easier. 1/8 truggy you may be able to use the arms as well. It all depends on what you want build, how much you want to fabricate and your imagination!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:39 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved this thread from the off topic area, you'll get more help here.

As far as an engine like that goes, just clean it up and see how it does. I'd be worried about seals on something that old. As far as a vehicle, I've build tons of 1/5 scale (and some bigger) stuff from random bits, and it's doable but can be irritating. I would use as many off the shelf parts as you can. Frankly, buy a used stripped RC car and toss the engine in, same drivetrain and all. Now I don't know the RPM and Torque curve you're dealing with (the thing seems a bit weak but it'll move something for sure and will be fun)
Old 09-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

A 22cc will still do the trick with a few tweaks and the right gearing.
The main "problem" with homebuilds is keeping the weight down while still making it strong and tough enough.