Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Super5ive Ultralite Drivetrain - Superlite, superstrong, the ultimate for the 5ive.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Super5ive Ultralite Drivetrain - Superlite, superstrong, the ultimate for the 5ive.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 04:35 PM
MonsterMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super5ive Ultralite Drivetrain - Superlite, superstrong, the ultimate for the 5ive.

Thought I'd post what we were up to over at Unlimited Engineering for the Losi 5ive.

First up I bought a brushless 5ive

And ran it. The batts sucked and the tires were bald, but it was still quite a bit of fun. But I quickly realized it was a very heavy truck.
Too heavy.
So I've set out on a mission to make it lighter, faster and stronger, basically Super5ive it the way we do things here at UE.

To start with we digitized the 5ive

While digitizing I was doing research on materials and coatings to replace the heavy mild steel drivetrain with something lighter and stronger and long lasting.
I turned to the aerospace industry on this and spent the better part of a year evaluating different materials and coatings. Seeking something light and slippery as well as strong and resistant to wear.

Meanwhile I spent the rest of my time redesigning the drivetrain in our CVDS fashion.

Then we set out to produce these items.

Many months later we have the first batch of prototypes. 25 trucks worth of lightweight, super strong, aerospace parts.

The Super5ive Ultralite Drivetrain:

Replacing all those big heavy parts with ones that are 1/3rd the weight!! Your stock parts will weigh 3lbs, these weigh only 1lb. Not only will your truck be 2lbs lighter, but it's mostly rotational inertia so it'll accelerate better. We've even replaced the heavy hingepins with a lightweight material and slippery coating so your suspension will not only have less unsprung weight, but it'll move even smoother.

Then the sticky subject that everyone always fights - price.
I made them blind hoping we could at least come inline with other aftermarket items. When I did the calculations on pricing it turned out we weren't as cheep as the stock parts, but not as expensive as the aftermarket either. I'd like to have done them for less, but at least we didn't blow the bank on them.

At this time we are going to open up a beta test group. As promised (on other forums) I am going to offer a special deal for the Beta group. We've finished inspection and are tweaking a few things. I estimate they'll start shipping in about 7-10 days.

We are going to put 20 of these kits out there. That saves 1 for me and 4 trucks worth of spare parts. I've put 20 of them in the store, so once they are gone, that's it for the Beta group.

I will require a confidentiality and non-compete to be a part of the Beta group. Hope my paranoia isn't going to drive some of you off, but I've had so many of my designs stolen that's just where I'm at these days.

1 part we already know needs to be replaced is the center drive cup. I will send the damaged one out for you to test but it's not to print and has to be replaced which we will do as quickly as we can.

The MSRP for the complete Pro Kit is $954. We are going to offer the Beta group the package for $650 - $304 savings - that's 32% off!!

Further, I'm going to offer a 60 day satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Run the kit, if you don't like it, send them back and get your money back. Clock will start when I ship them.

Link to the Super5ive Ultralite Drivetrain Pro kit in our webstore

FYI: I've ordered the Lerner 3080 and a MGM 250 pro for my 5ive. My mom was here and I was cleaning my office, asked her to put the chassis in the back of my F350. She put it behind the rear tire and shortly after I had to move the truck. Crunch! There went my MGM. But what do you do? Yell at mom??? Not! Oh well, ordered up a new one and a bigger motor to go with it.

I've got some nice brand new TP packs and some new nanotechs as well. I think it's safe to say the Super5ive Ultralight parts will be abused on our end as well.

To those of you who wish to participate I want to say thank you in advance. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have.[email protected].

Thank you for your time,
Robin Oury, owner
Unlimited Engineering