Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

one way bearing hpi/km 1/5

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:35 PM
20prcnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one way bearing hpi/km 1/5

theres prolly alot of post on how this one bearing in the two speed KM breaks ALL THE TIME bout every 5 to 15 runs for me. has anyone figured out another way yet?? i have a pretty high powered hpi. "ddm 30.5 fully moded stuffed crank four bolt head flow systems exhaust with a high performance carb." seems this is the last part that keeps breaking..love the two speed.. that 2nd gear shift pulls wheelies.and thats whats prolly the issue is the bang of the shift with the tall paddles in the grass. but this time it broke in the snow. so i dont know...does any one?
Old 01-22-2016, 06:24 AM
bigboythb509

how do you like the 2 speed other then the bearing problem, i am thinking of getting a two speed from someone but am not to sure about the and their issues. do you have pics of it installed??
Old 01-22-2016, 06:30 AM
bigboythb509

supposedly the KM has two version 2 speed gears which one do you have??
Old 01-22-2016, 10:56 AM
20prcnt

Originally Posted by bigboythb509
supposedly the KM has two version 2 speed gears which one do you have??
proly the old one..mine is bout 5 yrs old..its just that damn bearing now..
Old 01-22-2016, 11:44 AM
bigboythb509

yeah I think most are complaining about the version 1. however do you like the way it performs?? can you still bash with it? or street runs only? dose the gears change landing out of a jump?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:14 PM
20prcnt

Originally Posted by bigboythb509
yeah I think most are complaining about the version 1. however do you like the way it performs?? can you still bash with it? or street runs only? dose the gears change landing out of a jump?
yeah it pretty much acts like a automatic car tranny but with 2 gears..it drops to 1st at slow speeds and goes to 2nd after the clutch engages that gear..it can be kinda adjusted to suit your **** range...my son and i can shift it down by letting off the throttle and back on again if it sounds like its bogging...then its off...i have a 4 blot 30.5 fully moded with a stuffed crank,and a HP carb wo/choke and pre jets, with a low rpm clutch spring..and it pulls the wheels off the ground mainly when it shifts, with the paddles at the dunes to the street.and this hard shift is why the 30$ bearing break, and there is no upgraded bearing..just a more costly two-speed..which about 10 bearings would pay for..the only thing is that if you run it without the cover on in the dirt and things, it will not shift any more..so keep that cover on...even if you have to duck tape one together..mine got trashed and thats what i did..its hard to find the 2 speed plastic covers...but i dont know what a one speed feels like..all i know is that in most cases mine is faster then the one speeds.but i have 100s into mine..motor,tranny,clutch,2 speed shift, etc..if not 1000s.

.but for now im done puttin money into this one for upgrades...the cost of this RC is gettin to be up there with my quads and dirt bikes..plus im kinda gettin into quadcopter raceing..just bought three 250 race copters..and fpv..i have a phantom 2..but this is WAY funner..
Old 01-22-2016, 02:29 PM
20prcnt

here the pic. its pretty basic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160122_141343.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	2142849  
Old 01-22-2016, 04:28 PM
cbaker65

O-way bearings are sensitive ,an the inside of them are made with a thin material that retains the needle bearings ,
it doesn't take much to fry them.All it takes is something like water or an oil residue to get on them to cause them
to get hot an fry.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:45 AM
bigboythb509

Yeah I am also into quadcopters I have two. And am building a 450 rite now for fpv that a whole different monster. Lol but I love my quadcopters brother. I guess I will look into their new design 2 speeds and maybe go with it .