Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Redcat Chimera SR gasser 1/5

Old 02-20-2018, 01:48 PM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Chimera SR gasser 1/5

Anyone have any feedback on the chimera 30cc? Anything i should know from the start to upgrade since this is my first 1/5 scale ?
Old 05-15-2018, 04:48 PM
lgnitro
My Feedback: (3)

Default Clutch & pipe

Originally Posted by emederos
Anyone have any feedback on the chimera 30cc? Anything i should know from the start to upgrade since this is my first 1/5 scale ?
First things I would recommend is an 8k clutch & JETPRO pipe. Made huge difference on mine
Old 05-15-2018, 04:52 PM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

Yes i got the jetpro pipe but not the 8k clutch, how does the later engagement help with more power if you dont mind filling me in on this
Old 05-15-2018, 05:03 PM
lgnitro
My Feedback: (3)

Not necessarily more power,but allows engine to rev a little higher for quicker launch. A stronger,faster throttle servo helps as well.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:36 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, I wouldn't rush to swap out the clutch springs yet. You will open the possibility for premature drive cup failure among other things. Run it for a while and you will know if you need to make that change. Once the engine is broken in, your throttle should be quicker, if that's what you are looking for. BTW, gear changes should make it quicker off the line.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:15 AM
The13bats

I have 2 i liked em so much, lol, one shelf queen one mad max beater,
I find that many screws come loose so i use stingly purple loctite, only purple or clear nail polish will work, it holds them without locking them forever,

The front shock tower deformed so i made a metal support piece, if you run the stock pseudo tuned pipe a little rubber hose added keeps the rear from being such a mess,

The stock servos are okay but arent top end imho