Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

new truck purchase?

Old 02-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Spunkymanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truck purchase?

Ok, I know I'm probably about to open an overfull can of worms here, but I need to ask..

I have been out of the RC scene for about 2 years now, I have a somewhat modified T-Maxx (the older .15 version) I used to race locally, and I'd consider myself an intermediate nitro RC user..
I'd like to buy a new truck in about a week, and I'm just not sure what to get. I may do a little racing, but it's now a low priority. I'm most likely just going to be doing some fun and bashing. Speed and torque is definitely top of the list, with durability a close second. I will have about $1500 max to spend. I will likely want to modify it a bit after I get it, but I'd like to get something that's not going to NEED upgraded just to be fun. So what's the reccomendation?
I want a big monster truck specifically.. way back, new era had a killer (looking) monster truck, but it seems they're out of it now.. anything in my price range that would be worth a look?
(ducks and covers)
Old 02-16-2004, 06:04 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: new truck purchase?

FG modelsport has a new 1/6 monster truck that looks good. It should be in that price range. MCD has a 1/5 monster truck $1300 black line its ok. The blue line is $1700. MCD also has a 1/5 Hummer $1500 black line. MCD includes shipping. You could'nt afford the New Era monster truck. They sold that truck for $5000 at the low end up to $7000 high end. I saw the low end sell for on Ebay for $4500. thats why i built my own.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Spunkymanker

yeah, I remember the huuuuge price on that truck.. hehe..

the MCD trucks sound pretty interesting.. What's their web site?
Old 02-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Easy rider

FG's new monster truck looks realy good to me. With the big tires and G230RC engine you'll have plenty of speed. And as for bashing around, I thinck you'll be more than happy with the durability. AND... the price will be around 1500 dollars ( transmitter and servo's included a true RTR ) according to FG. I know this because I went to the RC fair in Dortmund - Germany last week.

David.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:50 AM
ammdrew

we should have firm price and dates in a couple of weeks..
Old 02-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Spunkymanker

well, in looking at prices and products, it looks like it's going to be 1/8 scale, and I'm going to get two trucks. My girfriend wants me to get her one too so she can bash with me so no giant scale just yet.. though I am still interested in a giant scale at some point..
Old 02-17-2004, 06:42 PM
ammdrew

http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/product_news.htm

here ya go, I expect the rtr version to be around 1100- 1200 nothing firm yet.. that is suggested retail.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:27 PM
nitro 4-tec

i think you will be satisfied with 1/8 th scale trucks i just think 1/6 and 1/5 scale are ugly plus the price is outragous its bull**** to pay that for those trucks.
1/8 scale or beautiful i all like mammoth ,monster gt ,savage
Old 02-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Draganfly4u

Hey nitro bigger is better! The fg is not ugly at all and it looks cool! They may cost alot but they are worth it. nitro have more problems.
I am glad they are going to make a ready to run truck!! which a gasoline one! can't wait until it comes out!
Old 03-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Spunkymanker

Well, I'm finally back from cali.. I bought mammoth, and my gf is getting an x-factor in a few weeks.. (she spent her part on clothes.. hehe)
I haven't ran it yet, as I just got home a few hours ago, but I will be prepping it for break-in tomorrow