Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fg marder question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 10:31 AM
yorkshireboyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fg marder question???

hiya guys,wondered if you could help me.ive just put a new zenoah g230 rc engine in my marder and am running it in,but is it normal for the engine to cut out a lot on tick-over (idle)? as my last engine did exactly the same and also how fast roughly should the marder be top end with no mods and being single speed? because mine doesnt seem to be too fast,thanks for any help.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:40 PM
RCholic

Default RE: fg marder question???

Hey yorkshireboyo,

Wish I could help you with you question, BUT I having the same problem...
My G23RC has been cutting out while idling OR within a few min. of running. Plug is new/clean (just little black from running) & fuel mix is fresh, been trying to adjust it out with no luck.???

Bryan
Old 02-22-2004, 08:09 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

I had the same problem but it was a bad plug. It would run or would start hard. My engine runs great.The spark plug should be a dark brown in color max. If it is black your oil is to rich. Make sure the throttle is fully open. Ajust the linkage to allow for full throttle.You need a servo with 100oz torque to get full throttle.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:36 PM
RCholic

Hey mbbaj,
with the plug black... do I now need another new plug or can it be cleaned?
I also checked the full throttte and noticed it does only go 3/4 of the way down when trigger is squeezed... [&o]
I then checked http://www.futabarc.com/servos/futm0029.html and my Futaba S5101 only reads 55oz/in. torque... I never heard that you need a 100 torque servo. Could it be just out of adjustment or do I need a new servo? Is this a common problem w/ G23RC's?

Bryan
Old 02-23-2004, 01:25 PM
yorkshireboyo

thanks for the replys guys,my engine is virtually brand new ive checked the plug and its not oiled up or anything,its ben run in well but just seems to cut out after a few mins,is it worth adjusting the mixture skrews?
Old 02-24-2004, 01:50 AM
fmolzer

If it just dies after a few minutes, it may not be the carb settings. Check your fuel lines. Does it rev well if you hold the rear tires up and gun it for a second or two?

www.molzermoweryracing.com
Old 02-24-2004, 05:17 AM
RCholic

Mine did start to cut in & out just before it flat out died. but the fuel lines are clear tubes and were evenly filled with fuel (no air bubbles). So I was figuring there was no problem there. ???

I have Zenoah 26cc on all my Weedwackers and I have an EASIER time runnning/adjusting THEM... [sm=biggrin.gif][sm=confused.gif]
I see where I'm not getting "Full Throttle" from the Servo (as previously mentioned), but I would think that would just affect the carb bt keeping me from max'n out on speed, not on how smoothly it runs.
(a separte problem).?.?.?

Bryan
Old 02-24-2004, 04:00 PM
fmolzer

Base line adjustment on the carb should be around: H: 1.5 complete turns out L: 1.25 complete turns out. (Latest Zenoah G230Rc engine) If you run 2% oil with 87% pump gas and have good fuel lines and a clean airfilter, this should be a reasonable starting point. Try this and then let me know if it works or not.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:47 PM
mbba2002
Banned

you can clean the plug. the carb lever has a strong spring.you will need to move the linkage hole out to get more throw but you will loose torque. thats why you need a stronger servo and if you use the same servo for brake get the bigger servo.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:52 PM
mbba2002
Banned

before you run your car remove the gas cap and put it back on. You may have a problem with pressure in the tank. If you don't have a check valve on the gas tank get one to release the pressure in the tank. I had the same problem, but i put a check valve on and problem went away.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:13 PM
yorkshireboyo

thanks again for the replies,the fuel lines are all fine but i will have to check out the servo to see if the throttle is openng fully.
mbbaj2001-i actually lost the origonal fuel cap so am using a different one as a substitute and when i unscrew it there is a release of pressure from the tank,i will try to get a check valve dyou think this may be whats causing my engine to cut out ll the time?
Old 02-25-2004, 03:28 PM
mbba2002
Banned

My engine would run awhile then and start to rev up high then die. I replaced the tank with a tank that had the check valve in the cap and now it runs fine.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:00 PM
RCholic

I MAY have the same problem???... when I take the gas cap off, I get a suction sound. "air lock" ??? ... never thought of it on this little thing. I had this once on one of my crews mowers and all we needed to do was replace the gas cap.

Will try to run it tonight and see if it is the problem.

I'm not sure I mentioned that my G23RC is on a "MCD", So I have that crazy "hole" in the center of the tank, So replacing the tank probably isn't a easy thing. Where would one go to get a "check valve" for a plastic gas tank this size?

Thanks for ALL the responses!

Bryan
Old 02-29-2004, 05:41 PM
RCholic

Just an update for ya,

I just finished running my engine. Almost used a whole tank a gas and NO problems!!!
I had an extra gas cap from one of my weed wackers that was vented. Installed it + little carb adjust and away she went!

Thanks for everyones help!
Bryan
Old 02-29-2004, 08:41 PM
fmolzer

Great news !!! Nothing better than a problem that goes away.