Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

4x4 mcd rally car

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 01:40 PM
williammclaren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 mcd rally car

does any body have one of these cars i heard they had poor materials and the gears that transfer power to the drive train are poor i have a lauterbacher super cross but i am looking for a 4x4 mcd or 4x4 marder for kicking about the parks .
Old 02-22-2004, 05:31 PM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: 4x4 mcd rally car

I have seen the MCD line and it's ok but the price is a little high. the black line don't have any diffs(steel spool only) and the blue line has 1 in the back. Parts are hard to get for MCD. FG is a better brand.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:53 PM
RCholic

I recently bought the MCD "Hummer" and I love it... BUT I do just run mine for fun/free time. So If it breaks, I'll just have to wait. [&o]
IF I was racing it though, I'm not sure I would of bought it... being mbbaj2001 is right... MCD parts ARE hard to come by, BUT not impossible.

Bryan
Old 02-22-2004, 08:24 PM
williammclaren

thanks for your replies guys i will be interested to see the 4x4 marder this hobby is expensive some body is making good profit on these machines i like the engineering and qaulity of my lauterbacher but you could buy your daughter or son a second hand car for what they cost[:@][&o]
Old 02-22-2004, 08:26 PM
williammclaren

thanks is it a good machine for kicking about i fancied the renault megane rally car
Old 02-22-2004, 08:43 PM
RCholic

I've just always loved the H1... so when i saw this MCD... I just had to have + it was a great deal. It'll be a tinker/show piece w/ parts short handed.

For REAL mess'n around/driving, I'll use my FG Marder.

Bryan
Old 01-06-2005, 05:29 PM
LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR

where can you buy a mcd hummer?
Old 01-06-2005, 05:31 PM
LaRgEsCaLeRaCeR

if any1 has info or has one that they want to sell email me at [email protected]
Old 09-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mbba2002

I have seen the MCD line and it's ok but the price is a little high. the black line don't have any diffs(steel spool only) and the blue line has 1 in the back. Parts are hard to get for MCD. FG is a better brand.
[X(]
Old 09-27-2005, 04:19 AM
Automan

Woow[X(] why did you dig up this old thread ?? there have been allot of MCD threads the last couple of weeks, why not look at them.

Anyways...

I think what he said was that the (blueline) front and middle differential is locked, and the rear diff are open (i think it's adjustable, that's what i heard). For driving in hard terrain it is good to have at least front locked, that's what i think anyways. For a rally-car i would imagine that you would want a open diff in the back and front.

The MCD are very strong built, but many may have a hard time getting hold of spare parts. But as i said before, King Cobra has most spare parts in stock, and have a few new hoopups to, and there are other places to that have spare parts.... it has become a little more available the last year i think. but it will never be as easy to get spare parts as the FG, and the hoopups will never be that many as to the FG.

All i can say is what i have seen is that MCD are well built, and have beefy parts compared to FG, and the drive-chain works real good, there is no metal-gears standard, but i guess there is nothing stopping you to try to find matching gears in metal but those plastic gears work very well what i have read. The whole car is very strong, but it also weigh more then the FG, so i guess i would have chosen a FG if I'm going to bash like those nitrokids do. It's really hard, the FG is very nice and so are the MCD, they both have very minor adjustable "faults" from factory, but in the end.... the MCD falls on maybe hard to get parts, and there is not that much hoopups.

The MCD rally-cars are very nice, but i don't really know if it has the same ground clearance as those other buggy's... MCD have their own buggy, ugly or cool it's up to you