Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Lauterbacher Super X brake "problem"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Lauterbacher Super X brake "problem"

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Easy rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lauterbacher Super X brake "problem"

Hey guys,

I have the LB super x and I have a question : Why is it , when I apply the brake, my super X pulls to the left ? I do not have front disc brakes , it's the stock brake I'm having. Only mod I have is the alu. diff case , the rest is stock. My back shocks both have no pre - tension ( the settings are the same on both sides ).

Everything on the car is set just right and it always pulls to the left when braking. Can someone please tell me why this is ? Please.

David.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:04 AM
ammdrew

Default RE: Lauterbacher Super X brake "problem"

check your droop screws, make sure they are all equal, ( the amount the arms fall down) next best suggestion is to put the end of the car on scales, see if the weight is the same left to right, if a side has more weight on it you need to change the preload on the other end of the car opposite side. until you get it balanced, what is happening is as you brake, the rear end lifts uneven, weather from spring pressures or droop differences, and as soon as one tire unloads the vehicles begins to spin.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
Old 02-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Easy rider

OK thancks dude, It sounds to be a realy good reason why it's doing that. I'll cheque on it today. I just couldn't find a good reason.

David.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:19 AM
ammdrew

yea that would be the most likly, there is always the possability of having a bad bearing, or having the wheelnuts so tight you have slide the hex and caused a bind in a bearing.. but most likly it is a tweak issue of some sort.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Easy rider

OK thancks guys.