Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG US CUP

Old 03-12-2004, 05:18 PM
ammdrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG US CUP

Rumor is we will have a FG US Off-Road Cup in Vegas this summer.

Who thinks they have what it takes to run there 1/6th scale in the first ever US FG cup?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:37 PM
RCholic

Default RE: FG US CUP

Ohh, Ohh, Ohh... I don't, I don't

I'm still trying to learn how to avoid trees and rocks though there shouldn't be too many of those in the course... [sm=lol.gif][sm=wink.gif]

But would LOVE to go and actually see people driving the FG's in person!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:56 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

David was already talking about how he cleared the triple most of the time....
Old 03-13-2004, 09:21 PM
ammdrew

you would probably do better than you think, sounds david was doing great until the pole jumped out into the middle of the track, I hear the pole is in need of replacement too..
Old 03-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Who would have guessed there would be "attack poles" at the track since there were no "attack trees" in sight. It's just amazing how those things just jump out in front of a car. Arms, Arms, Arms.... It's just too bad I wasn't there with my camcorder.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:03 AM
ammdrew

very true.

now can we generate enough excitement to have a cup?

who would be willing to go to a little trip to vegas with there 1/6th off roader and have a nice one or two day race event?

locally looks like we would have three so far.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: ammdrew
now can we generate enough excitement to have a cup?
I guess that is the multi-million dollar question. That also pretty much seems to be the same question since the 1st National 1/5 scale motorcycle championships are supposed to be held in Las Vegas soon.

With enough advertisement and word-of-mouth, people will probably come here to race, locals may watch, and then more people will purchase large scale cars. After all, some people look for any excuse to come to Las Vegas and those who come here for business, will probably enjoy a racing break while using a tax write off at the same time. I also think that the Marder/Buggy will attract a larger cross-section of people, i.e. the younger racers who don't want to try large scale because they claim that they are not that old and the older racers who still have some kid in them. And eventually, those who tire of the nitro hassles may convert away from glow plugs despite prior claims that their nitro vehicles are the greatest things ever constructed when they see someone actually run 40 minutes straight.

The time of year will probably also be a key factor due to the weather, conventions (hotel prices and availability), and other races (some people may skip an FG event if they race in Silver State, Paris, and so on).