Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

can any1 help me with engine trouble???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

can any1 help me with engine trouble???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 04:13 PM
yorkshireboyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can any1 help me with engine trouble???

ive had the same trouble with my marder engine for a while now,its a new g230rc which has been run in correctly,(had bout 4 tanks through it) problem is it keeps shutting off after a few minutes,i can keep it running by revving it up and driving it round but after about 5 mins if i let off the throttle it winds down n dies,i can however start it again easily but its just a pain having to do so,other people tell me thay start theirs and it runs a full tank without stopping!

i made a very small hole in the top of the tank as it has the old style tank without the check valve type cap because whenever id unscrew the cap after running there would be a release of pressure,this seems to have helped a little as it runs a little longer before shutting off.

im using king cobra racing oil at 150ml to 5lts of unleaded pump petrol,i might try using a little less oil in the mix next time to see if that helps,have checked the fuel line and the other line from the tank and they are fine,apart from that can any of you guys suggest anything or have u any of you had the same problem?? any help would really be appreciated thanks.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:10 PM
ammdrew

Default RE: can any1 help me with engine trouble???

change the plug, just maybe, otherwise you could have a particle of dirt in the carb, you should be able to pull the cord and let it run for a tank.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:37 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

You need the check valve on the new tank. Just putting a small hole in the new tank won't do it. If the check valve is in the gas cap try switching it or find a cap with a check valve that matches your tank.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:50 PM
yorkshireboyo

yeh ive just put a new plug in actually, mbbaj2001- surely the old tank only differs from the new 1 in shape and am i right in thinking the check valve in the cap lets air in but not fuel out,if so then me putting a small hole in the tank would be the same,what dyou reckon??
Old 03-30-2004, 01:56 PM
creola

I had a similar problem recently with a new g230rc. My remedy is as follows:

1. Vented the tank by adding a third line to atmospheric pressure.
2. Leaned both the low and high jets almost to the maximum of the recomendations in the manual.
3. Changed the spark plug and made sure the gap was correct.
4. A little fast idle.

No further problems. I am using Amsoil synthetic (RED) at 25:1
Old 03-30-2004, 04:40 PM
yorkshireboyo

creola- what dyou have your needles set to?,mine are H-1.25 L-1.25,can you adjust the idle speed on the 230 ive only ever adjusted the l+h needles.when you say you connected another line i take it you just left the other end open,isnt that gonna be messy though if the car turns over?
Old 04-01-2004, 10:15 AM
creola

I am not sure where the L & H needles are precisely set. I tune more by engine response than numbers. There is an idle adjustment screw on the throttle linkage and sometimes I modifiy the throttle idle through the transmitter controls. With regard to the potential spillage, I designed and fabricated a small ballcheck valve that blocks any flow when inverted.