Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

F1 racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:06 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F1 racing

On those onboard videos, you need to insulate the camera from the ignition. When It produces spark it creates interference. If you fix that you will get some nice vids!!
Old 10-09-2004, 06:10 PM
OblongMushroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be ordering the F-1 Comp. with hyrdos next week. any tips on construction and info from other drivers would be cool.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:14 PM
ammdrew

check the web page
http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/setups.html

if you have any questions we put 15 cars on the track every week, and can give you a very good idea what to do to make different things happen and work.. the B compound work really well. the 005 work a bit better but wear faster, and GRP rubber in the pipe is excellent qand wears great also..

setup is mostly everything, we have tried pretty much every combo and have had cars running across the country and in europe so we have seen a lot of different tracks and traction amounts.
feel free to email or call with questions.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:38 PM
OblongMushroom

Thanks ammdrew, I sure will.

I hear the intructions from FG are not that good. When I get the kit, I will try to start a build thread of its progress. This is something thats done on the Jet forums here.
It will help many others who have an interest in this stuff. Would be cool to here what others think of there F1 and post the mods you have done.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:05 PM
ammdrew

The car is very good out of the box, my mods are very minor, I move the rear hydro cylinder up , higher or mounted sideways to allow more space from the pipe, rear tensioner is almost maditory. will eventuaally start slipping otherwise. a upgraded diff can be felt by some when they get the car really working on the track. Have built a few comps they are a great deal of work but not all that hard for those who are mechanicqally adept. just use plenty of loctite.