Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

thinkin about making a 1/6 project truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

thinkin about making a 1/6 project truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:26 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinkin about making a 1/6 project truck

i have a new bright 1/6 scale avalanch truck. its big heavy and OMG SLOW!! i think 1mph!! the koolest thing about it, is that it has turn signals. head lights (led, and stock) brake lights, 3 way throttle lights, horn, and alarm button. now, what i was thinkin, was finding a used stampede, or just buy new for 130$ and swap chassis. but the stampede in half (or other off road truck i can find for cheaper) and properly mount. kinda like being a custom chassis. but the thing is, i wanna keep the turn signals... i can do the head lights the led 9 volt way, but i still would wanna have those turn signals when i turn. so is there anyway i could run a esc, new motor and servos and keep the turnin? i dont wanna run nitro, cause once i go nitro i am not going back to electric. and i was thinkin a 8,9, 10 turn double wind motor to get this heavy beast some acceleration. but if i use another stampede chassis, i think i heard that i couldnt gear it that low. if anyone has any input on some brushed motors that give huge grunt low and sweet top end. lemme know. im gonna try to make it look as stock as possible outside. minus the chassis. but i wanna keep the front push bar for those sweet impacts with other mail boxes if that ever happens again! im shooting for a POSSIBLE 20-25mph run. 15 if i REALLY have to settle that low. lemme know what yall think. this will prob be a summer project when i get everything done and set and ready
Old 05-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Overalnd

Default RE: thinkin about making a 1/6 project truck

Maybe you would get more responses if you used English, so people could read what you wrote.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:23 PM
irocco

I think that was kind of rude. Sure his post was mostly slang, but it was understandable.

I also have several of these types of trucks. My son and I (he's 6, so he doesn't mind the slowness) have lots of fun with them, but I've always wished they were faster/more powerful.

My latest thought was to see if I could separate the body from the chassis and transplant it onto a real, 4wd electric. Though I might be in for more than I bargained for.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:51 AM
motionmachine

About done with my H2 "creation". Stay tuned............
Old 09-23-2004, 05:30 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

so hows the h2 conversion going? anybody make these monsters go faster? im still tryin to figure out a way to keep the turn signals
Old 09-24-2004, 04:13 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: irocco
My latest thought was to see if I could separate the body from the chassis and transplant it onto a real, 4wd electric. Though I might be in for more than I bargained for.
Thats been done a number of times already. I've seen at least ten clodbuster based trucks with one of those 1/6 scale newbright bodys on them. Try looking at rcmt.net there are a ton of guys there who do stuff like this.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:38 PM
USABaja5B

I wonder how those bodies would look on an FG truck. Anyone try that??
Old 09-26-2004, 02:36 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

does anybody know how to keep the stock turnsignals/lights?