Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

?????please answer to this question????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

?????please answer to this question????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 09:42 AM
madmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?????please answer to this question????

I´m going to buy a new rc car soon and its either going to be the traxxas REVO or the FG monster beetle.
I have a few questions regarding the engine thats in the Monster beetle

* Is the engine as easy to start as an chainsaw engine, is it easier than a Nitro engine

* Is it as fun as a ordinary 1/8 monster truck, can it handle big jumps without breaking??
i know it isnt out yet but its the same as a marder just with bigger wheels so everyone that has a marder please answer these questions

Here in Sweden the monster beetle will cost about 700-800$ and the revo about 700$
Old 05-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ?????please answer to this question????

There are several posts on your other thread now.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:42 PM
screwloose

the engine of a fg beetle is the best you'll ever use, i can fir it up, smoke a cigaret or two, drink a beer, take a piss and drive away! in other words, it woun't stall!! it's MUCH easier than a nitro!!
i myself think it's more fun than a monstertruck, this drives more like a real car, it's more serieus. an the other hand, its not so good with big jumps, the chassis will bend! it's made for racing not for jumping! if you wanna jump, take a savage, if you wanna race a " real" car, take a fg!!
i live in holland, you can get them here pretty easy and all my friends turnd ver to an fg!
have fun!
Old 05-29-2004, 03:58 PM
fmolzer

The Marders or Marder Beetle jumps incredibly well. We have a track here and we send the 10 foot in the air without trying hard. They fly very level and are easy to land on all 4. With that type of DNA, I expect the Monster truck to be a very goof jumper&flyer too. The engines are very reliable and gives you a lot less headache than your typical nitro engine. Less maintanence and more runtime. Plus, they engine will virtually never wear out.