Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

FG MONSTER BEETLE,QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG MONSTER BEETLE,QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Jared1106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG MONSTER BEETLE,QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

Hello
I started this post for those of us who have the FG Monster Beetle and have somthing to say about it or those of you who may like to get one and have questions about it. My MB was delivered on 7-24-04, and I didnt run it until 8-1... So any questions or comments feel free..Need prices on parts etc... Have at it..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14658.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	159799  
Old 08-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Tonny

Default RE: FG MONSTER BEETLE,QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

First the comments: I love your beetle:
Then the questions:
Will it wheelie as the MT on the vid?
Did you try jumping with it? How well will it handle this?
How fast is it on a track compared to a Savage or a Tmaxx? Will it out run it or get left behind?
/Tonny
Old 08-02-2004, 04:12 PM
highspeeddirt
My Feedback: (1)

Nice to hear that you finally got some run time in. Good idea on starting the new post. I'm sure there will be lots of questions popping up real soon. How was the break-in? I've heard that it's a breeze compared to a nitro engine. Thanks again for all the info.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Hobby BoB

It's great to drive fast and fun
Old 08-06-2004, 03:19 AM
Tonny

Jared could you please post a picture of the on/off switch to the engine?
Old 08-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Jared1106

There is no on/off switch, there is a kill button, that is it. And it is located on the rear of the engine, easy to reach with the shell on, as is the primer, choke and pull cord, very convienent.... Only have to take the shell off to put gas in....
Old 08-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Tonny

Ok, i just got the FG catalogue today. It is shown there how the engine works
Old 08-07-2004, 10:35 AM
wuudogg
My Feedback: (14)

Anybody have a link to the new FG Catalog? All I could find were thumbnails that could be blown up individually.

I'd like to have the whole pdf file.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Jared1106

You can order it from the molzermowery website in their online store, or contact the dealers to see if they got any with their Beetles. I ordered mine from molzermowery.com. Item number 6578 FG Main Catalog 2004 here is the link to that page from molzermowery
http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/cg...ml%23a666#a666
That is what I am thingink, LOOOOOOGGGG link, lol, but that is it.. If it does not work just search FG Catalog in the quick search and it will come right up.
Jared
Old 08-07-2004, 04:27 PM
wuudogg

Thanks.

You get those interference problems worked out Jared ?
Old 08-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Jared1106

No, just got done raining here, I have to try another reciever/radio either tonight or in the am. I did have it running earlier, interferance BAD..... It actualy ran right into me! LOL
Old 08-08-2004, 06:42 AM
RC Collector

The electronic ignition of the gas engine can cause radio glitching. I run a JR XR3i FM in my 1/5 on-road, works fine. Large scale veterans recommend a PCM system, such as the Futaba 3PK.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:51 AM
Jared1106

Thanks for the info, I am going to try a differant radio system today if the weather is good. I think it will take care of the problem.. I will post my results..
Old 08-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Jared1106

Put the other radio system in thisafternoon, WORKS GREAT.. GIDDY UP!!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Jared1106

Suspension handles jumps nicly!! Keeping in mind I am not going over half throttle, which is sufficiant (-: until I get it all broke in. Just finished the first tank..... I will have at least 3 tanks done before the day is out... This thing MOVES!!!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:13 PM
wuudogg

Sounds awesome.
I can't wait !
Old 08-08-2004, 02:02 PM
CowboyBob

What brand/model Xmttr/Rcvr did you go with? I just picked up a new JR XS3-Pro yesterday for my MT (if I ever get it). It sure is sweet...it has a great Momo steering wheel, nice cusioned grip pad, and a teeny, tiny, little bitty, itsy bitsy, micro receiver. The receiver is so small, that I may not be able to find it once I mount it on the truck! I just hope this isn't the same type that you were having problems with previously.

CowboyBob
Old 08-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Jared1106

The one I had problems with is the Hi-Tec Aggressor. I am not sure if it was the channel or the rec. or radio.. I have no idea what the issue was. I put my JRPROPO QUATTRO Digital radio and rec. This is a plane remote, I had it in my Enforcer Boat, when I got that boat I bought the same Hi-Tec radio and had the same problem with that 1 also so I bought this JR and it works perfectly with unbelievable range.. But I am not too fond of the stick deal!!! But it isnt too bad..
Old 08-11-2004, 05:47 AM
Jared1106

ATTENTION!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!ATTEN TION!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!!!ATTENTION !!!!!!ATTENTION!!!!!
AS I POSTED YESTERDAY I EMAILED FG DIRECTLY, I TOLD THEM HOW MUCH I LIKED THE MONSTER BEETLE AND THEN ASKED ABOUT THE RELAESE DATE OF THE MONSTER TRUCK, NOW KEEP IN MIND THIS IS DIRECT FROM BETTINA AT FG!!!! BELOW I WILL COPY THEIR RESPONCE I JUST RECIEVED A FEW MINUITS AGO. IN READING THIS IT DOES NOT SOUND THAT THEY ARE VERY SURE DUE TO THE FACT THEY USE THE WORG HOPE, BUT HERE IT IS, STRAIGHT FROM FG.....

Thanks for your kind mail, we are glad that you love the MB! We hope that we can release the Monster Truck until end of september. Please be a little bit more patient.

Kind regards,
Bettina

THERE YOU HAVE IT, STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH!!!!
AND WHO SAID FOR ME NOT TO HOLD MY BREATH WAITING FOR THEM TO REPLY TO ME!!!!!!???
O I REMEMBER IT WAS drevil
LOL
Old 08-11-2004, 11:49 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Yea don't get so happy, what you got was nothing more than a generic response, it means nothing. You act like you just recieved a message from god on the exact date of when this thing will arrive at everyone's doorstep. All they told you is the same as they've told everyone else, it will be out eventually.

Turn off the caps!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Jared1106

drevil
GENERIC?? WHAT EVER YOU SAY!! MESSAGE FROM GOD?? UMMMM,,,, NO MESSAGE FROM FG, CAN YOU SEE THE SPELLING DIFFERANCES?? AND I SAID NOTHING ABOUT AN EXACT DATE, I ACT LIKE NOTHING, I AM SIMPLY POSTED THE RESPONCE I GOT FROM FG...
Old 08-12-2004, 10:20 PM
CowboyBob

Well....I've had it with waiting for FG to decide when and if they are ever going to release the MT. I e-mailed the guy that I had my truck on order from asked him if I could change my order to the MB (they are supposed to be back in stock next week...but with FG, who knows). Hopefully I will get a response back by the weekend on whether or not I can change my order.

It seems to me that FG would concentrate more on getting the first production run of MTs shipped rather than going back and building more MBs since there appears to be a higher demand for the trucks (at least here in the States)...But what do I know...I'm just a consumer that wanted to spend my money on one of their products that were supposed to be out almost four months ago!!! If I insinuated to any of my clients that I'd have their project(s) completed by an estimated date, and I missed that date by FIVE months, they'd drop me like a bad habit!!!

I think the MT will be a great product if its ever released...but now I'm sure that it won't be worth the wait that we've all endured. But hey, for all of you guys that are going to wait for the MT, look on the bright side...by the time you get it it'll be considered a 2005 model year!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:20 AM
amitysanimal

CowboyBob.......I did the same thing. The guy I pre-ordered my truck from had no problem switching my order to the MB. He is suppose to get one in by next week. So hopefully in a couple weeks i will have it.

I hope they don't stop making more MB's now. I'd be pissed if there was a delay in the second batch of MB and had to wait again. Besides, the MB's are ready to be put together and shipped, the MT's are having problems with the suspension binding.

By the way, Ron Krikke is by far the cheapest price I have found by a long shot. He was close to $120.00 cheaper than Hobbythek and $100.00 to $120.00 cheaper than anyone in the US.

Hobbythek did have a couple in stock if you want to pay the extra price.

amitysanimal
Old 08-16-2004, 10:03 PM
cormierone

Amitysanimal,

You mentioned in your message that Kirkke was cheaper, I ordered 3 cars from HobbyTek and the only Nederlands dealer which is was RC International that was cheaper because they charged 12.00 Euro for shipping but didn't have any cars in stock and didn't know when he would get any. I just ordered the MB it was 699.00 euro plus shipping which was 62.50 euro from HobbyTek. Your shop has it for 735.00 euro plus shipping 80 euro. That's more than a grand. My total price was 942.50 USD. Which is cheaper than any US distributor, even with shipping. Wolfgang has been great to me and gave me a break on the MT at 1/2 price shipping on it also. So I got free shipping on one of the vehicles!!! Take care, it pays to shop around.

Cormierone
Old 08-17-2004, 09:07 AM
amitysanimal

cormieone..... Beleive me I shopped around for the best price.

I got a quote from hobbythek that was $843.00 for the MB and $155.00 for shipping, total $998.00.

At Krikke I paid $772.00 for the MB and $100.00 shipping, total $872.00.

Thats $126.00 cheaper. It may have to do with the taxes, I don't have to pay any of the taxes where I'm in the states.

The prices listed on the Krikke page are including taxes. The US price is quite a bit less because we don't have to pay their taxes.

You're right about Hobbythek having them in stock, they did say they had 2 in stock. Krikke is suppose to get the second batch in by this Friday ( I hope).

amitysanimal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.