Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Monster beetle Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Pongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster beetle Manual?

hey,... just going nuts trying to do this.

To anyone with Monster beetles,... what came with the beetle (manuals,parts,etc,...) Mine was out of the box at the hobby store, and there was nothing in the box. Not a problem as I've done this before, but now I'm trying to get the steering servos in and I'm absolutely going out of my mind. (or maybe it's my 2 year old "helping" that's doing it.) I can't get the steering servos connected properly.

Anyways,... what's the procedure for installing these servos? I've removed the two phillips screws and the 6 mm hex bolt so I can pull out the whole assembly,... servos are in, but I'm having trouble hooking up the control arms, since you have to do this from the bottom through the holes after putting the electronics in. Is this correct, or am I missing something here? It's not the dual servos or control arms that are the problem, just the way it is upside down with no access that is causing me trouble. I'm hoping I'm missing the "easy" way to do this.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Jared1106

Default RE: Monster beetle Manual?

I had the same problem. You have to take the arms off and loosen them to almost the end of the threads (they needed to make them a few mm longer), after you size them and see that they will fit, use some CA or somthing and just put a spot of glue against the connector to hold it to the threads. that is what I did. Anything else you need or if you have questions emailme you phone number and I will give ya a call. I will be online most of the night and will only be away from the computer a few minuits at a time, can call you if you need in a matter of min..
[email protected]
Old 08-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Jared1106

I could email you the manual if you like also!!!! I can scan it and email it... Comes or should have come with the manual, which is only like 8 pages or so, a screw driver/plug wrench, decals, rear sway bar, all the hardware to hook up the servos. I think that is about it..
Old 08-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Pongo

Thanks for the info.

I spoke with Andrew from molzermowery and he sent me an email of the instructions. Turns out things got a whole lot easier once the 2 year old went to sleep. I ended up taking the whole front assembly off (including the steering linkages,... then it was actually pretty easy compared to what I was trying to do originally. I agree though, the linkages could have been a bit longer, that was one of my main problems I was having. I think I may make up some longer ones to put in mine.

I'll talk to the hobby store tomorrow and see about some of the other stuff that wasn't in the box,... they probably had it behind the counter and the guy working didn't know it,... anyways I've got to get some mounting hardware one way or another, so it won't be a wasted trip.

*sigh,... one more day passes without running it, but it WILL run tomorrow.