Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MB Paint Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 03:18 PM
jackle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MB Paint Ideas

I am new to painting. I haven't attempted to do my own since I was a kid. I think I will give it a go again with my monster beetle. Here is my idea, it seems simple enough to do and would look sharp (I think). Let me know if you see any problems in its "easyness" for a beginner.

Get some thisk masking tape (1 inch) or more. Place that stripe ALL the way down the center (Red stripe). Take 1/8th inche tape and outline that single stripe (Silver). Take 4 1/8'th inch lines 2 on each side of the big stripe (white inside, red outside). Paint the outside blue.

So it should turn out all blue, with a thick red stripe down the center traced in silver with two thin stripes on each side.

Sounds easy? Sounds like it might look pretty good too. Any suggestions/comments?
Old 10-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Pongo

Default RE: MB Paint Ideas

Sounds like an ok paint scheme. The most important thing is to try to paint from darkest color to lightest color. That way the lighter color does not get dulled down when a darker color is sprayed behind it.

For your example, that would mean put down all the tape first, then spray the blue first, then remove the red tape and spray red, then silver last.

Oh yea,... there are way too many blue MB's on the forum. See the paintscheme thread. Don't let that stop you though,... gotta go with what you like.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:11 PM
ibstar

pic
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2004, 05:05 PM
jackle

Howd you do that?!?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:01 PM
skulldoctor

come on people lets see sum more pics of your beetles.....
Old 10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
jackle

Yea, my paint job turned out like ****. I'm a tad embarrased. I've been told its not as bad as I make it out to be, but... I'll take a pic of it sometime.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:03 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

I inherited my MB paint job - They used nice color changing paint but its just a flat paint job with some decals inside. Would love to wipe it clean and start over but am told it would be a PAIN in the .SS. I plan to paint my MT and another Beetle shell - will post when I have them.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:49 PM
skulldoctor

when i get my beetle i have some spazstix blue/green metalflake color change paint im gonna use on it.im also thnkn bout doin the rear wing in chrome,maybe w/some chrome graphics on the body also. will post pics wen i get it and get it done. later lefty