Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FireHammer

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:31 PM
fire01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FireHammer

Hi i m new to this forum,i really like all the talk and was wondering if anybody could tell me if i made a good choice on pre ordering my FireHammer.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:43 PM
jackle

Default RE: FireHammer

I think you made a good choice. I was going to buy the firehammer but I opted for the Monster Beetle instead. The firehammer is a copy of the FG marder, which is pretty much the same as the beetle, which is pretty much the same as the monster beetle

You will not be dissapointed. I am definatly looking forward to parts being available on tower. The firehammer is a good price.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:00 PM
fire01

Thanks for the reply JACKLE,another thing how fast do this things go 40mph or less stock form and is the torque more present than nitro engines.I own an Ofna pcr buggy and this thing is pretty wild but lack in size and always needs tuning,my savage is always broken are this cars a lot more resitant.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:56 PM
jackle

Just today I had my Monster Beetle against a T-Maxx TRX 2.5. The top end was comparible, but the t-maxx was quicker off the line. Also, I drove a tank of gas for 40 minutes, non stop. My cousin with the T-Maxx probably had a longest run of about 2 minutes. Bottom line, Nitro is a pain. 40 MPH is accurate for these as the T-Maxx 2.5 also does 40. These are VERY reliable RC cars. If you read through this forum, you will find that we all came from Nitro and no one is going back. Check out my post on "Newbie Guide to the Monster Beetle" as well for more info.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:01 PM
KICKINDIRT

I 'm looking at getting a firehammer too,but i was wondering who actually builds the engines for Duratrax?I'm pretty happy with their quality so I'm sure this will be a good product
Old 10-20-2004, 10:44 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

If you look back at duratrax quality you will see they are POS. I would definitely recommend spending the extra money and getting the fg. That is my opinion.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:09 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Im in the market to get a Marder or the Fire Hammer, How about a price for the Marder and radio deal?
The Fire Hammer is nice at its price and for all that it has to offer,and it shares the same parts as the FG
Just sold off my 1/4 scale and all electronics and want to get one of the two(Fire Hammer or FG) show me how bad I need the FG and im there..
Old 10-20-2004, 12:28 PM
lauterbacher

If tower stocks the parts for the fire hammerthan go for it. I've been in 1/5th scale for a while and the 5th scale market in the U.S. is a joke. there has been so many come and go distributors that it's ridiculos. the only long timer out there that has a long track record is Eric Poholsky who sells Harm cars. Before you buy any FG you better check out Hobbytek in Germany for price. The guy who owns it is personel friends with Franz who owns FG. he'll always have parts. And owning 5th scale means everything you get is going to be mail order anyway. Take care
Old 10-20-2004, 12:36 PM
mnf1sand

FG you could have today----Firehammer is not out yet.
several of the plastic parts are very flimsy on the firehammer.
Why buy a firehammer then put the FG parts on it?
FG-Zenoah---------Firehammer-Zenoah copy?
Why not put in the radio gear that is proven to work,
and not have your hands tied to a packaged deal.
The FG Marder can be tranformedin to a monster marder/beetle by changing
a couple body mounts and the tires. Can you get that from duratrax?
Every part you need for the FG is at the distributer for the dealers today.
Do we even know where the FireHammer is made? Parts?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:46 PM
mnf1sand

molzermoweryracing.com is going to be here in the U.S. for a long time. Every part anyone needs is available at this minute for a marder from them. You can call hobbytek they are good people. But everything you need is right here in the good old U.S. Call a MMR dealer you.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:05 PM
lauterbacher

Molzer's prices are way to high. with those prices they won't be around long. I see they advertize a Zenoah race motor for over 900.00 dollars. these guys are out of there minds. there just repeating history of other 5th scale dealers putting it to the people . then after someone buys they find out they could have gotten it much cheaper elsewere.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:24 PM
KICKINDIRT

One reason i may choose the firehammer is COST . With tower selling parts avalability will be great ,from my experiance with Duratrx their quality is good. I regularly run my Maximum Mt very hard and it keeps going. How can one say its junk when its not even out yet. From what i can tell the marder has the same plastic parts on it also,and who says you cant bolt on a set of big tires and have a monster Firehammer.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

My son races his Duratrax Evader and has zero problems yet very tough and well made I think.
How do we know how (flimsy) the parts are? do you have it ? if your going to flame somthing have the proof!!
I just think that Duratrax is doing the same that eveyone else did with the Marder Carson/ Traveler/Oh and the marder itsself is a copy if im not mistaken.
Tower has great support and service. And im sure MM is just as good so lets not put down someones service until tried..
Old 10-20-2004, 05:57 PM
KICKINDIRT

I totally agree you cant trash something until its out.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:15 PM
ammdrew

Molzer Mowery distributes the product in the US.
the price on the site is Manufacturers suggested List. check the dealer page.

The firehammer is the carson attack. been around about 6 years or so and yes 90 % of the fg parts fit and is a usuall upgrade process..

this thread is not about firehammer vers FG vers HARM vers Modelcargo. so lets keep to subject and speak about the firehammer. We can have a new one that involves bashing manufactures products and those who work to sell it.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:24 PM
mnf1sand

The FG Marder is the original.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:40 PM
KICKINDIRT

Did you not read what ammdrew just said who cares if FG Marderis original this is about the FIREHAMMER
Old 10-20-2004, 07:43 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

Default My Experience -

I got into 1/6th when I saw the Firehammer add in the TowerHobbies catalog (3 weeks ago)... I had been lurking in the large scale forums for a bit and was considering a FG. When I put all the prices together along with the info about durability that I could get from folks who run and own FG (Marder, Beetle etc...) Going FG was an easy decision. The prices out the door are very CLOSE- Check with your local FG dealer and you may find the prices to be in line with the Firehammer. Also - what was very important to me was support - I'm not sure what kind of support you can expect from Duratrax or Tower on the Firehammer - but I know that my local dealer and Andrew are just a phone call away ( Ok - I promised Andrew I would not bother him more than 1 time a day...) It was very refreshing to be able to make a quick call the first time my Monster Beetle came to a stand still (melted 2 speed bearings...) What also impresses me is that the everyone from the USA (Molzer) distributor down to his dealers know and run the FG products they sell... that means less time trying to figure out what parts you need to keep your kit running.

Now - having said all of that - I went from having no 1/6th - to having 1 MB w/2speed, pipe, and disk brakes, 1 MT on order and getting close to ordering a another Beetle or MB so I can put my soon to arrive Pajero kit on. Its an addiction alright!

I'm glad to see Tower offering 1/6 kits - Hopefully more folks will get into 1/6th - It's all GOOD>
Old 10-20-2004, 10:27 PM
USABaja5B

Default RE: My Experience -

The Devil is in the details. Any Chinese company can copy something in less than 2 months. But, the quality of the plastic and the fit and finish is what matters.

Its a simple choice, buy what you can afford. But don't call FG dealers to ask about parts if the very nice lady at Tower Hobbies can't answer your questions when you break something.

Most of the LHS won't be able to support 1/6, just too much money tied up in them. You will be very lucky if you have an FG dealer as your LHS. I doubt there will be local support for all of the different knock-offs.