Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Great FG Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 02:54 AM
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great FG Dealer

I'm over here in the Netherlands on business and been checking out Marders. I located a FG dealer in Grongingen and let me tell you, if your looking for a great hobby shop to get a FG car then get a hold of Ron at www.krikke.net. This past Saturday I took a 2.5hr drive up to Groningen and bought a Marder Race, Beetle Conversion, Tune pipe and some street tires and wheels. Ron was really nice and treaded me well. From what I figured I saved $450 bucks buying everything over here.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:59 AM
dubby

Default RE: Great FG Dealer

Sod trying to get all that lot in your suitcase
Old 10-26-2004, 05:59 AM
Jared1106

Glad to hear it worked out wekk for you! How does customes handle you bringing that stuff back home with you? Do you have to pay any duties/taxes? Ron is a great guy, I have spoke with him and dealt with him a few times.....
Old 10-26-2004, 09:11 AM
RC_Feen

Ron sold everything to me without VAT (Value Added TAX). He made some phone calls and all I have to do is have customs stamp the invoice from Ron and mail it back to him. This way he doesn't get charged the VAT I didn't pay. If I don't mail it he gets charged. He gave me a self addressed envelope with postage already paid so I just get the stamp and drop it in the mail. It all worked out great. I'm shipping everything back through FedEx so I don't have to hand carry it back. Ron is a great guy and it was a pleasure to meet him in person. I highly recommend people to deal with him. I made several attempts to contact some FG dealers in my area before I purchased everything from Ron but not reply.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Jared1106

What did it cost you to ship it all back thru FedEx?
Old 10-26-2004, 09:22 AM
RC_Feen

I'm not sure of the cost through FedEx. I'm using our company account.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
ammdrew

most cars through fedex on a account will be about 120 the MB is larger and may go as much as 150 and up. large demensional weight.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:53 PM
lauterbacher

Why the negative comment andrew?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:57 PM
mnf1sand

I don't see Andrews comment being negative, he is stating the shipping cost. There was a question about it, he answered it.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:27 PM
ammdrew

that is the cost someone asked.
even commercial shipping by air cars cost about 100 usd especially the Monster series.
not sure how that is negative just the facts.
we have lots of items shipped out of Europe using our fedex account so I probably have a good basis.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:57 PM
lauterbacher

I don't care what car anyone buys be it FG or any other brand. what I do see is the use of this forum as a means of advertising the fg cars buy a certain Dist. I can put posts here all day long of good prices by fg dealers and there shipping costs but I don't.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:06 PM
No Moa

Bring on the advertising, we love it, i like the fact that there are some dist, who actuallly take the time to talk to us and give us answers. And as for the reason you DON'T list the good prices sounds like you are hogging them for yourself, give um up!!!!! Come on don't be shy!!
Old 10-26-2004, 03:19 PM
rfaster

I have to agree with No Moa - I get way more info than I get advertising... I for one wanted to know how much it would be to ship from the UK - as there are TONS of used FG's on uKebay.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:49 PM
No Moa

we states guys need a shipper over there, we could get all kinds of stuff!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:31 AM
RC_Feen

I was not trying to advertise Ron's shop. I was just passing on the information if someone was looking for a good shop to deal with to get an FG car. I checked on the prices in the states and they were $300 more just on the car. This was just after the price increase on the FG cars. Before the price increase the price was about the same. Jared1106 informed me about Ron's shop and I e-mailed him. After about 30 e-mails back and forth I bought everything I wanted from him. To me, if a hobby shop is going to take the effort and answer my questions and go the extra mile to get the information I need, then they'll get my business. I'm just providing the information I have so the next person can have a good purchasing experience like I did.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Jared1106

Telling someone where you get a deal or great customer service is not advertising, it is helping out someone who has the same love for this hobby as you do! Advertising is when a dealer comes in here and says "I have this and that and I charge this and you can reach me here and here is my web page". Which this has happened a few times and I agree that is wrong, it bothers me to see that also. But there is nothing wrong with one user telling another user where they may be able to get somthing for their R/C or where to go to get into it.
I am glad everything worked out for you RC Feen..
Old 10-27-2004, 06:25 AM
ammdrew

Ron is a great guy we have spoken on many issues before, and I agree with Jared on his above post. And suggesting were to buy is not out of line. And just FYI FG did not have a price increase. well okay they had a 3-4 % move but some items went down also.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:51 AM
RC_Feen

ammdrew....I checked the price of the Off-Road Beetle back in Sept and it was $799 and now it's $1008. That's one heck of an increase if you ask me. I got the Marder Race and the Beetle conversion for less than what I would have paid in the states. What was the reason for the increase on the FG models from Sept. to October in the states?
Old 10-27-2004, 08:05 AM
ammdrew

you are referring to a US distributor who has corrected there prices to Manufacturers Suggested List were they should be not street price that dealers like Ron, or Hobbytek, Apex, Rc Nutz, Fg Pros etc.
The Suggested list Changed with the 260 motor otherwise has remained the same or within 3% for over two years now.