Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG MT Questions & Answers!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 12:56 PM
TTurks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG MT Questions & Answers!!

Right now that the Truck is finally here and I assume others have their's also - if not - imminently!! I'd like to start a MT questions and answers thread!

I have my first few questions to the FG experts out there as this is my first FG car infact its my first gas car!! Always had nitro's or years back, elec's...

Before I glue the tyre's do you think I should get hold of the foam inserts that weren't supplied??

How do you think I should go about softening up the suspension, it doesn't seem like spacer removal is going to have much effect!! I was think of changing the oil maybe but to what type I have no idea????

The radio gear hasn't arrived as yet but once it does no doubt another load of questions will arrise

TT

Ps: How many can's of paint does it take to spray these things assuming you choose one base colour.....?
Old 10-26-2004, 01:39 PM
mnf1sand

Default RE: MT-5 Questions & Answers!!

There is no such thing as a MT-5. Some people are calling it that but FG says its a Bigfoot Monster Truck, OK MT. But it a 1/6 scale not a 1/5th. So it doesn't make sense to call it a MT-5. sorry Iam not going after you TTurks, just filling people in. I have the monster tires on my beetle without inserts and they seem to work well. They don't flat spot when the truck sits for a long time like I thought they would. But i don't think a soft insert would hurt. The suspension is a bit stiff, I for fun would pull a spring off from each corner to see how it does with 4. (like the proline maxx shocks) But if your a jumper you will need all 8, try a lower weight oil with no spacers. 2-3 gas of paint depending on your paint thickness.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:18 AM
TTurks

Default RE: FG MT Questions & Answers!!

Sometimes this forum is really helpful and somtimes.......well it just isn't......

Anychance for a second opinion on the foam inserts???

TT
Old 10-27-2004, 06:01 AM
BILKO1

I've glued my bigfoot tyres with no inserts as reading various websites says they are not needed.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:13 AM
ammdrew

The inserts have not shipped out of FG yet so the option is not their. I was a bit sceptical on the lack of inserts also, being a hardcore 1/10 scale racer you understand the importance of the insert.The tires seemed to work very well

Every Monster Beetle running is lacking a insert and they are all running well.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:10 AM
TTurks

Cheers for your help guys - shall glue the tyres tonight ;-)

When one of you Fg experts has successfully softened the suspension please be sure to post ya method Cheers . . . . . . .