Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Pipes! really FG?

Old 11-11-2004, 02:21 PM
james2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipes! really FG?

Hi all.

Jus' a quick question regarding pipes that I know is gonna get some people hot under the collar.

A lot of poeple on the forum are advocating the FG tuned pipe. From experience with this, and a host of other pipes, I have to be honest and say that I don't think it's up to much. It's three-piece design instantly shouts 'Airflow restriction' to me, and after using one for a week (friends on holiday) I reckon there's better out there.

My T3 Pro comes with a custom seamless samba it seems, and that makes a noise like nothing else, and seems to really give some boost at higher speeds.
I have even used that ADA thing. Not bad. Not great. Better than the FG affair.

HPI exhausts seem the worst.

This is just my experience, and I'm sure most of you will beg to differ, but I'm just not convinced the FG Tuned system is worth the hype.

Please lynch me now.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:47 PM
jackle

Default RE: Pipes! really FG?

Everyone on this board knows that the Samba pipe is better than the FG Tuned pipe. The FG tuned pipe is a LOT cheaper and your MB will still do wheelies. You are just telling us all stuff we already know.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:53 PM
james2001

Okay. I accept that,

But I wasn't sure where the majority of people stood on the point.

I'm quite new to the forum and to large scale in general. (a few years)

pipes always seem the best way to boost your dyno charts, but why wheelie if you haven't got a MB? what about on-road? is FG pipe still the way to go?

Wasn't trying to start an argument, more a critical discussion.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:51 PM
jackle

Well, my whole goal in life is to do wheelies I dont know much about on road stuff. I suggest if you have the $$ you get a samba pipe.