Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MT General info (My set up)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 06:01 AM
TTurks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT General info (My set up)

Hello All,

Had the monster truck for about 3 x weeks now may be 4. Have tinkered about with various things, ran it at the weekend and IMHO its currently handling very well indeed......Just thought I'd bung a list together of my setup/findings FYI......

1. Tyres - Glued, no foam, 1 x 3mm hole drilled = no flat spots & really helps with overall ride.
2. Shocks - 50w oil all round (well thats the rating at www.modelsport.co.uk and on the bottle)
3. Rear anti-roll bar removed - couldn't see the point in it being there on this kinda vehical, just made the inside rear wheel lift of the ground on ALL tight turns!
4. The protective cover for radio plate - I gave up with!!!!!! [:@] You'll need to cut out two large channels in the top of it for the aluminium bars to run through, not easy to do it neatly, the thing is made out of some special space shuttle grade polycarboate!!! - basically i couldn't be bothered it had been a long day......doubt I ever will either - the thing is poxy & i personally feel FG could offer a far better solution, may even have a go myself!
5. Gear protection cover - this will fit fine if you cut away the flat part at the rear
6. Metal chassis sides - as those of you who have run the truck will know on the engine side, loads and loads of dirt gets trapped between the side and the engine pull-start - infact these side piece's just seem to suck dirt in as you go along i popped into a LHS and bought 2 x sheets of clear stiff plastic, cut them to the outline of the sides and velcro'd them into postion (for easy cleaning removal) works great - the inside stays so much cleaner - can totally recommend it - Velcro £2 Plastic 80p!!
7. Steering - a subject lots of people have varing opinions on - I'm using 1 x Multiplex Jumbo Digi & cannot recommend it enough, it steers fantasically as well as my nitro 1:8 buggy and as tight!! Had to slow the steering down and reduce travel to 70% was just to quick, you had to be so slow on the controller it was frustrating - If two servo's make the steering quicker than one, well I can't imagine why you'd bother!!? I certainly do know it would be completely pointless putting 2 x Jumbo digi's on, but hey thats just my opinion, no doubt someone will say otherwise - thats why I love this place!!
8. Painting - All tamyia - main = gun metal/truck bed, window surrounds, grills, windscreen wiper mount area = Jet Black/Windows = Smoke (tinted)
9. Decals - Yes
10. For a great toolbox that looks as hard as the truck - Stanley FATMAX - stick some FG decals on it and ya off LOL

Anyway - I hope the above helps some peeps - will post pics soon......

Cheers TT
Old 11-15-2004, 07:05 AM
TTurks

Default RE: MT General info (My set up)

PS: 11. Airfilter - Small K&N mounted on venturi adapter secured by jubilee clip, also foam pre-filter.....all looks great, nice and shiny chrome end etcetc
Old 11-24-2004, 05:42 AM
TTurks

Default RE: MT General info (My set up)

Ooops