Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

thinking about getting FG Bigfoot (owners)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

thinking about getting FG Bigfoot (owners)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about getting FG Bigfoot (owners)

Hey guys, I am looking to get the Fg MT, when i first saw the pic of it i was in love with it

in past i owned many rc toys, about 1 year ago i sold my last 3 toys, i miss them But neverowned anything bigger then Tmaxx

Spent so much MONEY and TIME on them its not even funny, at the end they all wnet down the drain on ebay [&o] Thank god i kept my radio gear which is Futaba 3PK Black version with HRS and 2 digital servos...paid $240 only for the servos...and only reason i kept it cuz i knew to my heart i would buy that FG MT one day

but thank god it was enuff money to fix up my Go-Ped GSR40, because i don't have a car...42-45 mph...this is not your daily $200 China scooter

right now i can sell my scooter and buy the MT, but i don't want to sell it, cuz i don't want to loose any more money, i have about $400 saved up right now and in about a month and half i will get enuff to pay for MT, but is it really worth it? I know from goped world that G260 engine is an awesome engine, and i can modify it with some money to make it do 16,000-18,000 rpms. I'm very careful with my toys so i won't be crashing it, but is it like durable? I have seen few videos and so far it looks good to me, but only thing i don't like is that the suspension is very hard

is it fun? worth the money?

pics would be awesome
Old 11-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Darkend1

Default RE: thinking about getting FG Bigfoot (owners)

you'll definitely have a blast with it compared to nitro's...when i went to the offroad truck, i brought my other nitro MT's which i was planning to play after the FG...i ended up just running the FG the whole time i was there.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:59 AM
dazzahughesuk

Love the scooter and love that exhaust (bling-bling).

Once you get an FG you not look back at any other r/c car like nitros, battery operated ones. they are so wicked and awesome. i've got a a FG Marder Race and before i got that i did not know what to get either the Monster beetle, or the MT (that i fell in love with at first sight) or the Marder. But i said to myself you can't really race a monster beetle for a MT, so i got the Marder Race. But now i want another FG to play with and have some fun with

Dazza
Old 11-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

thnaks guys, yeh the nitro was pain in the ***** [:'(]

hopefully it will be my new year present to myslef lol

will 260 oz-in servo will be powerful enuff to turn the wheels?
Old 11-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Darkend1

yup that torque will do the job.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:51 AM
RCholic

Myself... I would wait the month or so and save the extra and NOT sell that sweet ped!
...even though waiting can kill you! I LOVE my large scale RC's...
only have a few "keepsake" 1/10 left

Not sure on the servo question, as I'm looking around for a new setup myself. had some 705's (i believe they were), but was not happy with the "sitting still" torque.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:25 AM
kirkieboy

You can ask anyone on this forum and they'll tell you that the Hitec HS-5745 is a great steering servo for large scale vehicles like the MT, MB and Marder. It has about 250 oz of torque at 6 volts, and it handles steering with ease (all by itself, no dual servos). So if you already have a servo that has 260 oz, then I guess that should work too.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

teh keep it coming guys, i want to hear

because th ehting is that i have JR DS8611 digital servo for which i paid around $120..it is awesome servo i used it on my tmaxx...it would break a servo horn like nothing....but it is a standard servo, so i have to make a braket to make it fit in the mt
Old 11-26-2004, 08:32 AM
ammdrew

8611 makes great throttle and brake servos.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

well, then will wait till i get the car, then if the 8611 does not work, i will sell m other servo and get some 1/5 scale servo
Old 11-27-2004, 08:50 AM
kirkieboy

The best setup you can get with what you have is to keep the 8611 for your throttle/brake servo, and then purchase a Hitec 5745 1/4 servo for steering. That should only cost you between $70-80, and you don't have to worry about adapting a standard size servo to a 1/4 scale mount.