Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Samba pipe fitting to the BF

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 03:13 AM
kj_jammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samba pipe fitting to the BF

I know this as been mentioned on a previous post but I thought this may be of use to others.

I have just fit the Samba off road pipe to my truck it is very tight to the roll cage and due to the position of the rear brake rod guide. (The plastic one which is bolted to the engine) it sits very high on the truck. It did fit, but because it was so high it was touching the body shell.

To prevent this being so high I cut about 2 mm off the rod guide with a Dremmel, That let the pipe sit lower but it was still very close so I placed a couple of packers on the rear body posts and put some heat deflection tape on the inside of the body.

One thing I still have to sort out is what to do at the rear of the truck. The Samba exhausts straight out the rear of the pipe as appose to the FG pipe which comes out the side. The end of the pipe is about 10mm (I dont think enough to fit a deflector) from the back of the body (just at the side of the left rear light lense) My thought is that it is too close and the hot exhaust fumes will damage the body or the paintwork. I am considering a small hole in the body and send a pipe through the hole but I don't realy want to do that unless I have to. I dont know how much heat the Samba generates as exhaust fumes. Any one know?

The pic I have added is showing it resting on the rod guide before I cut it off.

Has anyone any Knowledge/advise/suggestions to resolve this without cutting the body?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87173.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	196136  
Old 11-24-2004, 08:01 AM
kirkieboy

Default RE: Samba pipe fitting to the BF

Check out Sandy's page:

http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/sasrandd.htm
Old 11-24-2004, 09:57 AM
mnf1sand

I don't have any pics of a samba on the MT yet but I have seen people fitting a rubberdefector on to the exhaust stinger to deflect it down under the rear of the body. I relize the stinger is short but for mild bashing it seems to work. If your really driving it hard you probably need to cut a hole in the body. I hope to have some pics with options up soon. If your pipe is up against the roolcage in front i do have a way of changing that on my page. Sandy
Old 11-24-2004, 10:06 AM
FGUK
Banned

And I'll send you the small piece of roll bar that you need to make the 2 spacers out of when I send you that other stuff!

If I'm feeling particularly charitable, then I'll also send you the 2 longer screws you'll need!?