Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

What's the link to MT/MB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 08:07 PM
FROGMAN524
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the link to MT/MB?

I'm new to gas cars, been in nitro cars and the reliability is horrible, so I would like to get into gas cars and was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the MT, MB, or a really big touring car with Zenoah. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:43 PM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What's the link to MT/MB?

www.FGPROS.com

www.Molermoweryracing.com

Talk with Ralph at FGpros he will give you ALL the info on FG you need to know, then you can make ur decision.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:45 AM
james2001

Well, As far as the FG's go, then the links that Moa gave are good. If your in the States, then VSmodelsport is another good one, or ADS Models if your in the UK. If your looking for the Touring car option, then I cant think of anything better than the car I just picked up. J&A's T3Pro. Not cheap, but worth every cent. totally complete, awesome car. Depends what your going to do with it I suppose. This aint something you take to the beach to race....although.....I suppose you could, you'd just have to be prpared to clean mighty thoroughly.

BTW, J&A just opened up a new website....www.jaracing.co.uk. Looks pretty.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:58 AM
Sir Not Appearing

You can also go here an possibly save some money:

http://www.krikke.net/shop/rc/

I got my FG Marder Beetle shipped for $862. You have to click on the yellow "Bestel Order" button to get the correct pricing without the european taxes. Compared to the other places I found on the web, this place was the lowest and I have contacted them through email and are very responsive and friendly. The other places I checked in the USA , they were anywhere between $950 to a rediculous $1134 w/o shipping. In fact, when I saw the $1134 price tag at this site ( http://www.orienttoyshobbies.net/index_040.htm ), it made me LOL. Almost $300 more than what I paid AND mine included shipping from Holland.

EDIT: BTW, I just got my notification in the mail at lunch time that it came in! I 'm going to the post office as soon as the students leave the classroom at 3:10!
Old 12-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Sir Not Appearing

EDIT: double post
Old 12-01-2004, 12:33 PM
dazzahughesuk

www.rc-car-online.de
Old 12-01-2004, 01:02 PM
FROGMAN524

Alright, thanks for the information, is there a hobby shop in the U.S. or a maker so I don't have to buy something foreign? Also, about how fast are the touring cars?
Old 12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
No Moa

nope, there are US dealers, and the touring cars are fast enough so you most likely won't run full speed long, remember its 30 pounds at 50 mph is deadly
Old 12-01-2004, 02:07 PM
FROGMAN524

I'm looking at the FG Sportsline sedan as a starter car, is that a good one or can somebody point me in the direction of a better starter car?
Old 12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
ammdrew

Check the dealer list on Molzer Mowery for a list of US dealers.

And yes the FG sportline is a excellent sedan.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:21 PM
FROGMAN524

Well, now that I've thought about it, I live a long ways from a track and I am now concidering the Monster Beetle because I realized that where I live the streets have lots of cracks and pot holes so I can't really run it anywhere unless I drive all the way to a track about 50 miles from me. The bodies on the sedans are almost sitting on the ground. Is there something else I should concider, and have the Monster Beetles come out yet because I have looked for them at hobby stores near me which are approved by FG MOdel Sport and they all say that it will be two weeks before they get in, what's the problem?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:12 PM
No Moa

Get a MB and put some road tires on it, its high enuff to run on a ruff road, and you can put the big tires on if you do go to the track.

and as for them being out, have you checked FGPROs yet???????????????????? He had one a week ago, because i was going to buy one. Check his site and give him a call, great price, great person, you will not be disapointed.

If you don't want to call, give me ur E-Mail and i will have him e-mail you, then all you will have to do it wait.