Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

First impressions of my new Beetle Off-road

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

First impressions of my new Beetle Off-road

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Sir Not Appearing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First impressions of my new Beetle Off-road

I finally got to try out my new Beetle this weekend. It took awhile to get it fired up as I added a velocity stack and UNI filter from DDM and I thought I needed a velocity stack with a choke. So when I installed it, I now have redundant chokes so I was yanking on the starter and with both of the chokes on it obviously didn't want to start. [&:]

So after I figured that out, it fired right up. I didn't run it too hard with it being the car's first run. I still can't believe the overall ease of operation. I wish I had discovered these cars years ago and I would have never gotten into nitro. It just idles and accelerates without any hiccups. The only thing that happened thoughout the first tank was I lost a screw out of one of the steering rods. Also, my only real complaint is the suspension seems awfully stiff causing the car to roll quite a bit. What sort of oil do you suggest for general backyard bashing type driving?

BTW, I'm using Ozark white gas and 2 cycle oil and the car seems to run great on it.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
RCholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First impressions of my new Beetle Off-road

Congrats on finally getting to run your beetle!
Can't help you on the oil... haven't got mine running yet, so I'm unsure what/were mines at.