Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Help! Zenoah vs. CY

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 03:30 AM
Stegy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Zenoah vs. CY

Please help. I've just ordered my Big Foot. I'm not sure wich engine will come with it. So I need advice, wich engine is better? Zenoah 260RC/04 or CY 26, And wich are the differences (visual), how can I be sure i got zenoah 260rc/04 not the older one, or the CY.
I'm very concerned if my truck will come with CY engine.

Thanks for any help!!

Greetings from Croatia

Off Roader[][]
Old 12-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Jared1106

Default RE: Help! Zenoah vs. CY

Well actualy they say there is no differance betwenn the 2. Which does make sence because why would a company that will keep delaying the release of one of there products (cough, cough, MT) so that they had every little detail right, use an engine that was no good. I think their rep means more to them than that! As far as differances, the Zenoah will say Zenoah on the rewind cover, and the CY says FG Power on the cover. I complained about the differance in engines, but I have heard no bad reports about the CY yet. The parts are the same between the Zenoah and the CY.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:21 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

Don't worry about the engine, either one you will be happy to have the MT, mine goes great no problams at all, starts everytime.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:25 AM
lukehall

Hi,

I have the CY Engine and it's perfect.

As with any engine, if you use it and look after it properly you will have no problems.

Luke
Old 12-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Stegy

Thanks people!!!
I have one more. Do you know where can I find full list of aftermarket upgrades, parts & tuning parts for MT?
And which pipe do you recommend?
I'm not sure wich one should I buy:
1. FG 3-unit tuning pipe 130$
2. FG big power tuning pipe 300$
3. Samba off-road pipe ~300$
4. Milkke or something like that ?!?

Can you post some links where do you think is the best price for any of this pipes?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Stegy

It's me again. Sorry if I'm boring but i just wanna hear someone oppinion before i buy anything.
Which parts you recommend, or thing I should get as soon as possible?
I mean like pipe, or better air filter (some suggestions)???

Just wishing i will find someone with FG off roda buggy near me to drive with and have fun. All people that I know and have FG off road car only like racing not bashing around and having fun... [&o][&o][&o]
Old 12-20-2004, 11:47 AM
No Moa

Wish i could help, but since your not in the states, i can't give you much, check out some of the online places, find the closest on and go from there.

I have the FG pipe, it is awesome.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Jared1106

One of the first things it is recommended you get is the K&N filter, this is a BIG MUST for a longer engine life. I like No Moa have the FG pipe, works great. Get the pipe, break in the engine before you put it on, not that you have to do it this way but doing it this way will give you a great appreciation for the pipe. I don't know from where you are where the best place for you to order from, but if you want to order from the USA email Ralph at FGPROS at [email protected] great guy and great prices.
Or contact Ron at Krikke R/C at [email protected]
Either way mention my name when you contact them..
And your not boring anyone, this is what this area is for and we enjoy giving and receiving advice from others who have experience with these R/C's. Saves a lot of money in the Long run if you get good advice and do it right the first time!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:52 PM
mike_humphreys

THE CY ENGINE IS A CHEAP CHINESE COPY OF THE KOMATSU ZENOAH, ALL THE PARTS ARE (AT THE MOMENT) ALMOST THE SAME AND WILL INTERCHANGE BUT THEY'RE OF A LOWER QUALITY.

MIKE
Old 12-20-2004, 04:04 PM
No Moa

Cheap, not cheap, i have yet to see one disavantage with this engine, other than the NAME is not Zenoah. If the damn thing runs good, then beat the bejeepers out of it, and put in a Zen when it blows up, just think that way, ( i am) and i know that CY will probably go as long as any Zen.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:48 PM
drago

hhhhmmmmm i read these posts, and i think CY is the same as Zenoah. looks like the CY just got bad rep, like sikk toy or something.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:19 PM
rubaga

Its all about tradition. We all got used to live with Zenoah! Based on the reports Zenoah is not much worse. Look once you fully use up CY you can either order brand new Zenoah or tuned up Zenoah. By the way if your order from Europe (hobbitec) you can request immediate upgrade to tuned up Zenoah 260. I am sure Ron from Krikke offers the same - just did not check with him. Probably in US dealers will offer it as well. Just more monies.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:04 PM
richardneail

When I asked Rich at King Cobra which engine came with my road car he told me that no one ever asked for a CY engine in a road car they always come with the Zenoah. The CY just mainly come in the off road cars and that the off road ones that the sells with CY engines in he always sells cheaper.

So make what you like of that just my 2 pence worth.

Rich
Old 12-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Kev_B

That's because the road cars have a 23cc engine as opposed to offroad having a 26cc, the shortage is with the the 26cc engines and not the 23s.
I was quoted a price when I ordered my MB, when they where delivered with CYs instead of Zenoahs the prive was another £15 cheaper. (The price I paid is between me and my model shop!)

Kev.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:52 PM
richardneail

Yer I guessed it was cause they were short on the 26cc engines that they were using the CY.

The lower price Rich told me he sells them at with the CY engine was much more than a £15 discount.

Rich
Old 12-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Kev_B

My LHS was doing a price match for me on the lowest price I could find for the MB, when they came back with the news that there were no Zenoahs left and the CY was £15 cheaper I couldn't find anything to compare it with at the time, but it still seems to have been a competitive price ...... hopefully.

Anyway, only a couple of days now before I'm allowed to get my hands on it. My wife and daughter haven't even let me paint the shell or glue the tyres yet. I wouldn't mind but I sold my Savage to finance it and then they snatched it away as my Chrissie present!

Kev.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:43 PM
rrover

I have my mt for since November and not had any trouble with CY engine,fitted it with a FG pipe and now run 5 tanks of fuel and is as good as a Zen,For FG to fit them they must be good Fg has a name to keep last thing they would what with all the interest in the MT is to fit it with a rubbish copy of a Zen motor.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:27 PM
richardneail

Kev B I have the same problem with my road car, I got it on sat but the wife has taken it away saying it is for christmas even though I paid for it.

I have the front brake disks, tuned pipe, alloy uprights, alloy gears and anti-roll bars to fit before I can paint it. Oh well I guess I get my own back between christmas and new year when I am sat doing that all day !!!!!! [>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
Old 12-21-2004, 05:16 PM
drago

hhhmmmm why did your wife say that for christmas when you pay for it.

something is a bit wired [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 12-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Automan

Kev_B and richardneail, I'm in the exact same situation as you guys (with my Fg MT)... except it's my fiance that stops me from trying to open the box any more (when i got it a few days ago i just had to check that i got everything.. a few times )

Now its closed until Christmas [] (not fair) there is no way I'm allowed near the box anymore now [sm=crying.gif] But when Christmas comes I WILL rip that box open and get it ready for it's first run, and have some fun... probably in some snow, maybe [sm=thumbup.gif]

My fiance got some help guarding the box, my big fat lazy cat and all the hamsters.. one of the hamsters bit me when i got near the box [sm=biggrin.gif]

To everyone that got the CY engine:

Have faith that it's just as good as the new Zenoah and last as long to. If it seams to be any problems after awhile then just throw it out and get a Zenoah or better, it's not that expensive to change it if it would brake.
I will give this engine a chance to prove it's quality, if it's not any good you will probably hear about it asap

Anyways.. i have a feeling it's just as good as the Zenoah (just don't make any sense they would put in an engine of less quality then the Zenoah, they have their reputation to uphold.. specially now with this new product) just a couple of people having a hard time accepting it this new engine, maybe they are right or maybe they are dead wrong, time will tell.

Mary Christmas everyone !!!

I'm of tonight to spend Christmas at my parents place with my fiance, brother, and grandpa.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:50 AM
pehter aka ibbe

Sounds like you need a sign that say: "Beware of the hamster" on your door

Where do you live (in Sweden) if you have snow?
If you're running in the snow, make yourself some snowchains.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
makki

Hi Everyone,
This is just a message to help out those of you who are not sure about the cy engine. I have spoken to two of the industries best tuners about these engines Ian Oddie of Oddified.com and Harrie Schicks from Pitstop tuning former world champions. Ian has told me that the engine puts out more power than the zenoah in both standard and tuned form. Harrie states the same but at the time of our conversation he had not yet done a tuned version but was talking about the engine in standard form. The engines I believe put out just over 4hp which is not bad.

TRANSFER PORTS
Reworked and are different to the zenoah

Cylinder
Chrome lined which aids freer and revs

Internals parts
Interchangable with Zenoah

I am also The Uk importer for all Pitstop tuning parts and have the cy engine and fg spares in stock
I have sold it in the 29cc and the 23cc and I have had good reports on both engines. One thing I must say regarding Oddiefied is that Ian did state that he has no idea about the reliabilty of the engine but he himself has had no comeback on the one he has tuned.
Even though cheapest is not always the best, it does not mean that it is the worst and in an industry that is quite expensive, you have to welcome good fair priced items.
Check out my site if you wish. It has been a little dormant for a while but this is due to the devlopement of a new site which will be with us in about 3 weeks . http://www.effectivetuning.com[/link] Any questions [email protected]. Thanks for your time and I hope this info is of some help.
Regards Paul
Old 02-08-2005, 05:11 PM
TooLy

After reading this theard I have a few questions.

1. If I buy a new zenoah G260RC, how do I know if it gen 4 ? I've been told to check and see if I have [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/133256/Lj22976.jpg]2 nubs[/link] it's gen 3.
Should I ask the gen 4 or the new are gen 4 already ?

2. What is the difference between regular zenoah to tuned up Zenoah ? and where I buy this ?

3.CY are chinese ? I saw the same engine under SK.
How is the [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product992.html]29cc version[/link] vs the zenoah ?

4. I have plastic gear wheels (19 and 48), where can I get alloy with the same teeth numbers ?
and is it ok to use both small and big gears from alloy ?

5. I'm currently using the original zenoah filter, what good filter I can buy ?
foam or K&N style (how do I clean them?)

Thanks alot !!!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:15 PM
4 Play Racing
My Feedback: (4)

Rather than worrying about the Zenoah or CY, you need a Sikk toys 29cc storker engine. These things have super low end torque and higher top end RPMs than the G260RC. See [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=75092]Sikk 29cc stroker[/link]
Old 02-09-2005, 09:42 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

there have been many rc2XX zenoahs and even more of the superior/sikk engines both are excellent engines, the sikk is cheaper and can be configured to make a 23,24,25.27,28 or 29cc by mixing and matching crank strokes. getting 5 hp from a hybrid 28cc is no problem and a good 4+hp for the 23cc is easy, they are proven race winners. just because its an overpriced zenoah dont make it fast