Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Do they really matter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 02:49 PM
mike_humphreys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do they really matter?

Hiya guys, I'm just fishing for opinions and thoughts on the "bling factor", I race an FG leopard and an FG super truck and add mods to them as advised by some of the top drivers in the uk. My point is does adding all the bling bits just for bashing really matter? there are people (with more money than god it seems) add parts that don't really make a huge diffrence to the cars whilst neglecting the more important bits. There seems to be more "oh you must put this on 'cos it looks good" rather than fit this because it works, for example-limted slip diffs, there seem to be lots of posts on here that advise using them but i can only think of a couple of people in the uk racing series that use them.

Well thats about it for now, I hope this post hasn't offended anyone.

Mike
Old 12-20-2004, 02:55 PM
dazzahughesuk

Default RE: Do they really matter?

I know what u mean. MY marder Race is totally standard at the mo, but i do intend to change the stock airfilter for a Pitstop tunning one and mt a Samba on it to get lo down torque rather than hi eng torque, so ill have better accelloration out of the corners
Im also going to try an make the car handle better, but adding a sway bar (anti Roll Bar) and change the toe in/out and chamber setting to the front and rear to improve the handling.
Cheers
Dazza
Old 12-20-2004, 05:54 PM
ibstar

i have changed the hubs front and rear to ally added a gear cover rear shock tower, and santa is going to bring me a samba pipe and front brakes or the bank manager will in the sales
but that is about all i will change.
the plastic arms are cheap enough to keep spares loads on ebay
and to be honest my cars holding up rather well, i don't jump it to much as this aint my thing but it takes a serious off road blast. and i aint broke nowt that could not have been avoided just pulled the odd thread out of ends of arms
but i thought all the ally bits added strength as well as bling
Old 12-20-2004, 06:27 PM
rubaga

Although I am a great lover of hop ups but not a good driver (hopefully yet) what I write below should not offend anyone as it is based on my own experience.

It is firstly important to learn to drive well. Its a bit like with a real cars. You have to be a good driver enough to feel the difference.

However as I its clear from the first sentence I am the first one to break this rule!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:06 PM
dubby

Alloy hubs and arms are a must IMO, as I always keep breaking the plastic ones. As well as and alloy gear carrier (plastic one lasted me 15 mins )

In fact any alloy has got to be good as it doesnt tend to break. I would advise leaving the ball ends platic though to allow for some give in a bad crash. Rather strip a plastic ballend than bend the car.

All ive been doing is replacing with alloy as and when it breaks (apart from my diff). One day ill get te thing to last more than an hour without a breakage