Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Duratrax FireHammer Good Or Bad ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Duratrax FireHammer Good Or Bad ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 05:20 PM
firehammers rule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duratrax FireHammer Good Or Bad ???

fire hammer you can get it anywhere under $ 900us where would you pay $ 1200 not a good call
Old 01-29-2005, 05:26 PM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What in the wide wide world of sports is ah going on here?[sm=punching.gif]
Old 01-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Cal-Torque

Who in Calgary stocks Firehammer parts? I know that it's not PM, and pretty sure that HGs don't support it either. Modelland? Just curious. Thanks
Also, what area of the city are you in? If this weather keeps up, we'll be able to go bashing.

ORIGINAL: Featherpluckin

Ok I Love my Firehammer I will admit it. But please dont put fgs down as a former fg owner they do have several advantages. Say for instance you are walking around and you notice your hip on your wallet side is beginning to hurt from that extra 500 bucks you have in it, hey fg will be happy to take it off your hands returning you to full health (they are great guys there). And who out there can beat their customer service I am absolutely amazed at how close they are to my front door. Just get in my car drive 300 miles to another province and over only one mountain range and my fg dealer will be happy to be of service that is if they are open? Also please dont forget fgs wonderfull lifetime warantee until you touch it. Now who can beat that. I will say it again as much as I enjoyed my fg I wont have anopther till they take care of thier pricing problems not to mention thier dealer distribution network customer service and quality control problems. Till then I will stick with my so called inferior Firehammer afterall I have a 1 year warantee on the plastic parts, a 3 year warantee on the engine. Spare parts only a five minute drive from my house, and duratrax has one of if not the best customer service departments in the industry. So fg owners close your eyes and open your minds because you are quickly being passed by(please do not try this while driving a real vehicle as you may crash and fg needs all the cuastomers they can get 1200 US out of).
Old 01-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Fire_hammer

ORIGINAL: firehammers rule

fire hammer you can get it anywhere under $ 900us where would you pay $ 1200 not a good call
That wasn't me how said that. I got mine from tower and got it for 900 and some change.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:51 PM
ammdrew

Those are manufacturers suggested list, not street pricing which is what tower hobbies is selling for.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:32 PM
smaerd58
My Feedback: (13)

Look, here we go again.This happens every time we try to open a thread that doesn't fully support FG. This thread is about the FIREHAMMER,XM,TRAVELLER,CARSON all these are basically the same buggy!!!But there goes the neighbor hood because some FG fan pops in and tried to get everybody wound up.FG has proved themselves knowone is putting them down.This thread is for people that have these or are looking at these.We should talk to the Mods to get a section just for these because I am sure they will become more popular as time goes on. This is for talking hop ups,bodies,painting,etc.If you like FG products great but this isn't your forum you have plenty of them so go there not bashing here.I tried this before and the same thing happen then.Fg users got arrogant and slandered anything else.My self I am a Union Trades man so you don't have to preach quality and price to me.But I can tell you this there are a lot of things in my house that were bought overseas such as VCR,DVD.TV,COMPUTER,STEREO ETC. Taiwan,Indonesia,hongkong,china etc. its hard not to buy from these places.Then someone comes into our thread and says that the German brands are better than others well here in the good old U.S.A. we have to think about PRICE,QUALITY,PARTS,SHIPPING so right now it is looking like Duratraxx is starting to fill that quota until someone else makes something compatible that is easy to get in the states.Well I am done my rant.but I do get tired of this constant bickering when people are trying to get legitimate question about a product answered,smaerd58[&o]
Old 01-30-2005, 05:39 AM
original.mb

smaerd,

i think it was the none fg people that started slagging us off. we are not here to say who's right and who's wrong. if we can't have a civil debate than c'mon guys lets at least be NICE. in regards to the good ol' usa born and made that is not the issue, i myself think german engineering is close to the best. those guys build everything like there tanks solid, tuff, reliable, refined, precision. i'm sure there are adequote fg distributors in usa. smaerd jus' cos u are in a trade union doesn't mean u have to pick the cheaper option? we should all demand the best. please guys this is not a school playground lets just admit fg wins hands down

peace not war lets stick together in this large scale business.

chad
Old 01-30-2005, 07:02 AM
ammdrew

Firehammer Good or Bad, is the beggining of the thread. Some incorrect pricing comparison was posted saying a very untrue price spread between comparable FG's and the firehammer. I was just putting the facts on the table.

I will repeat this, Firehammer is a excellent entry level large scale car, the radio gear is only ok, but I can not think of many RTR's that have excellent radio gear. Price point is acceptable, Future engeneering is unkown. plus on that though is 90% of the FG upgrades fit. Same with the Latuerbacher upgrade parts, and the Elcon, the KP parts and the CNR parts. so options are out there when and if you wish to put some options on the cars.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:41 AM
jammingmc

...wins what hands down? there has been no documented competitions between the comparable FG's and the Firehammer that I am aware of. If there has been, someone please correct me.

jamminGMC

ORIGINAL: chaduk

smaerd,

...... please guys this is not a school playground lets just admit fg wins hands down

peace not war lets stick together in this large scale business.

chad
Old 01-30-2005, 08:50 AM
lawnhawk

jammingmc, that was just another example of a typical FG owner.

Not listening to user experience or anything anyone has to say. Just assuming they bought the best since they spent the most.

Most people who spend way too much on products go crazy when a comparable one comes out for half as much. Just because something is made in China, doens't mean it's porcelain! This Firehammer, to answer the original question, is good, great, excellent!! PARTS ARE AFFORDABLE AND AVAILABLE, AND THERE ARE LOCAL DEALERS

THERE. QUESTION ANSWERED.
The only thing "lousy" about this buggy is a Marder owner's biased opinion about it.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Fire_hammer

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone new of a good street tire for the firehammer. I keep burning up my knobby tires on the pavement. There is too much snow on the grass by me so I'm stuck to streets and parking lots for awhile.

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2005, 09:09 PM
32Ford

You can put a set of FG 1/6 truck street slicks on it. The part numbers you need are 6417/7 front and 6418/8 rear. They work very well and will last a long time.

Jim....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32760.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	222956   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44979.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	222957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86210.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	222958  
Old 01-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Fire_hammer

THanks 32Ford, those look nice ! Do you happen to have an URL where I can buy them, I looked on towerhobby but didn't see them. Thanks again!

ORIGINAL: 32Ford

You can put a set of FG 1/6 truck street slicks on it. The part numbers you need are 6417/7 front and 6418/8 rear. They work very well and will last a long time.

Jim....
Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 PM
32Ford

Here are a couple of links. The first is for Molzer Mowery Racing who imports the FG line and the second is the e-mail addy for the dealer i use. You can go to the molzer sight and click on the dealer link to find a dealer and to check prices. The dealer i use is Fernando at Hyperformance INC and he has always had the best price out of all the dealers i've tried here in the states.

www.molzermoweryracing.com

[email protected] PH# 224-622-6225

Jim....I
Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 AM
fg-beetle-

Fire Hammer

i'm pretty sure the fg F1 wheels and tyres will fit as-well.
as for the fire hammer being good or bad ? i haven't seen one run,
but a friend of mine has a carson attack, which i think is a excellent car
at a very good price, so please stop the my cars better than yours.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:57 AM
original.mb

as long as i get a good responce i am gonna go with it. i have a friend who owns and runs www.rchopups.co.uk i'm hoping he will give me a few tips on how to go about it. the hardwork involved would be good for me as i luv the sport and not many people get a job they luv.

i'm gonna try and offer 10 percent discount to members here to drum up business

peace
Old 02-10-2005, 06:07 PM
dozier
My Feedback: (1)

I've had mine for 3+ weeks and I think its a great 1/5 scale car. I did have the pinion gear come loose and break a tooth off the differential ring gear. But I didnt even look it over, just pulled it out of box gased it up and broke the engine in then started hammering on it hard and it happened. Got new gear and put locktight on the pinion gear set screws and on more problems except keeping it on the ground. It hauls butt and is a very controllable strong built car. Its been rolled more times than I can can count but never broke a thing and they were bad wreaks. I think Its great!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:59 AM
34Ford

Well hopefully next week I will have a firehammer.
Found it on Ebay, item #5955559107

No bids, so I made a total offer of $725. And he accepted.
I believe I did ok since he had around $920 in it plus the high dollar spark plugs

So first thing I will do is remove radio and sell it.
Not sure if he ever visited here. He is in clear lake, IA
Old 02-12-2005, 05:16 PM
iluimu81

I think you guys are right about the firehammer. Towerhobbies has tons of parts for this car and you have to wait for weeks to order parts from FG' products. My LHS has one Firehammer selling for 899 w/o electronic stuff but I might order it from Towerhobbies and use the radio for my other 1/8 scales. Thank you all for your post, they are very usefull.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Featherpluckin
My Feedback: (6)

Does tower have them back in stock again I know thatthey ran out of cars and wernt expecting more till the end of February. This car seems to be picking up more and more momentum sales wise. The more people who try one seem to buy one. Would still like a few more optional parts though. Does anytone know if the raco wheels and tires will fit the Firehammer. they are still available from the website and if they fit would be a good solution to buyibng over priced fg street rubber.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:22 PM
34Ford

Well the more the merrier.
I want to try the Pro-line 40 series Cheyenne wheels with their MOAB 40 series tires.

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/prolin...1117/1117.html

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/prolin...2679/2679.html
Old 02-13-2005, 05:19 AM
iluimu81

No they don't have them yet. I have heard that some places selling them for 850 but there was some seller sent me email and trying to sell the MB for good price. However FG just put out another truck that look so good and I am so confuse myself.

ORIGINAL: Featherpluckin

Does tower have them back in stock again I know thatthey ran out of cars and wernt expecting more till the end of February. This car seems to be picking up more and more momentum sales wise. The more people who try one seem to buy one. Would still like a few more optional parts though. Does anytone know if the raco wheels and tires will fit the Firehammer. they are still available from the website and if they fit would be a good solution to buyibng over priced fg street rubber.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31340.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	228665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23854.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	228666  
Old 02-13-2005, 09:33 AM
studysession

I have also noticed when people try to post something that is not FG - The FG owners seem to bash the thread completely.
If you have nothing positive to contribute, then do not post and move onto some other thread where you can contribute something.

I have been wondering if the Firehammer is any good. It looks like the one made by Carson Models in Europe.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:46 AM
34Ford

ORIGINAL: studysession

I have also noticed when people try to post something that is not FG - The FG owners seem to bash the thread completely.
If you have nothing positive to contribute, then do not post and move onto some other thread where you can contribute something.
Ditto.

You noticed it too uh. Well I guess the FG owners out number the Firehammer/XTM owners considerably for now.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:01 PM
savage Instinct

Default RE: Duratrax FireHammer Good Or Bad ?

anxiously awaiting the arrival of my firehammer, ordered from tower hobbies 869 total , will post more info when i recieve and get to play. current toys, savage, nitro rush / worked over,rtr3 evo with lola body and losi lst .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.