Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

motor truble please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Contama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor truble please help!!

Was at the track today have a blast with my firehammer but the engine just cut out and will not start up. Iv changed plugs and dranied the car of gas and remixed it(thought it was bad gas) but all it does is start up, run for a second or 2 than die. A pain the the "Butt" to even get it to start up and die. Please help
Old 01-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Contama

Default RE: motor truble please help!!

Got the "Darn" thing started after about 100 pulls but ran for 1min than whent dead again. Iv check carb, fule lines, filter and just about anything else i could think of but the motor will not run.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Big5th

I'm going at this,without enough info .....(no firehammer motor instructions) but on my FG it was always flooded when it did that....i'd turn it plug down and pump out the excess.(in other words its WAY to fat to keep running).check your instruction manual for needle settings...maybe they were not set at factory.(it happens) Good luck!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:33 AM
HaveBlue

do a continuity check on the the spark plug lead, wouldnt hurt to check the timing although that one is a long shot as not much could go wrong , maybe the screws holding the mag werent tight enough
Old 01-08-2005, 09:08 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

fouled plug, loose carb, plugged air filter, choke lever falling down, bad fuel lines cracked and suckin air, kill button shorting out, muffler plugged. what fuel mix are you using and is there a chance that the ring is stuck, low compression is can cause hard starts. we use 8 ounces to the gallon of oil mix in the boats you wont se a degradation of power till you get close to 12 ounces to the gallon
Old 01-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Contama

This is what happened befor the thing went dead. Was driving it out on the track for about 20mins, was just fine. Than it started to idle funny and than is had like a poping sound and than it died. Started back up with out a problem but the pop sound was still there. Would not accel right. Hit the gas and had a very jumpy accel and if you gave it to much gas it would die or just idle slow, like it was near death for a few seconds than die. Took it to the pits and it would start up fine for a while so I checked the idle screws and thay where just right. than it just died and has not started up for more than 2 mins sence.

The motor still has very good compression. It just will not start.

Iv cleaned the plug(going to get a knew one today as soon as the auto shops open up. The fule lines are fine, carb is on tight, mufflers on tight, air filter is clean.

The mixture i was using is 25/1(still beaking in the motor but that was going to be the last tank) and was going to 40/1 premium.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:13 PM
KICKINDIRT

Make sure the head bolts are tight. That happened to me with blower, Also its possible that the fuel pump diaphram is bad,clogged,or the carb screws are loose. Lots of my neighbors have wanted to trash their blowers and weedeaters for a $5.00 part try that and let me know how it turns out
Old 01-08-2005, 04:18 PM
thenugget

Sounds similar to my problem,changed plug, spot on now.Also,I was told 25/1 mix was too much oil,33/1 nearer the mark.Think it would weaken the mixture as well with too much oil??

Simon
Old 01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Contama

KICKINDIRT was dead on, diaphram was clogged. Is that commen fo a brand new motor?
Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

run three fuel filters one in the fuel can one out side the can and a small one in the car
Old 01-08-2005, 10:38 PM
HaveBlue

very good advise fastrat