Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Race car wanted, what to choose ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Race car wanted, what to choose ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:39 AM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race car wanted, what to choose ?

Hi guys !

I am going to buy a new or light used 1/5 scale car and i need advice from ya all.

The car would have to be a good ground for easy upgrade to race with later on, park racing at first then onto real race on tracks (STCC Racing !QUOT!touring car racing!QUOT! and other).

Basic things i want to know is...

What is the real difference of Fg, Harm, Lauterbacher, Technokit ? these are the brands i have heard of to be the best out there, not heard much about the Technokit dough.

How good is the getting hold of parts bit if i live in Sweden ? any of these brands that are harder to find spare parts for ?

Any of the brands that is a peak performer in the races ? i mean, if there is anyone that can be modified better then the others in performance.. high speed, handling etc ?

Any comments and hints would be great.

btw, if I'm going used, it will have to be in mint condition and a top race model. Anything to avoid out there when looking at used cars ?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:33 AM
pehter aka ibbe

Default RE: Race car wanted, what to choose ?

Start by locking at:
http://www.femtedelen.pp.se/

The official site for Large scale racing in Sweden.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Automan

pehter, I have looked there several times, and searched google, looked in these forums.. everywhere i could find info on this, but it ain't much to go by, specially the technokit brand. No feedback on how the different brands and models perform in real life, by real users. No reviews that i could find. Therefor i had to post here and ask you guys for info, feedback on your experience.

Please post you comments, reviews, and suggestions on this subject. Need input
Old 01-12-2005, 12:14 PM
BLUEWATERMAN

There are 2 Lauterbacher's for sale on www.rcgrej.dk. They are used, but they are also optimized for racing...He won the Junior-Eurochampionship with them last year.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
mike_humphreys

Check out the sites listed below and my race day photos as the red and white harm is for sale.

Mike
Old 01-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Automan

Thanks guys, that was helpful if i was looking for a used race car right now.

But for now I'm looking for some information on those different brands, so i can decide for my self what to go for.

Then after i have made that decision of what brand to go with, i will choose if it's going to be a new car or a used one. When I'm in the state where i know what car i want, it's easy to find either a new or a used one. Just that i really need some info like i asked before, that would help me allot right now.

I know you meant well and i really appreciate the info, but first i need info on these cars, performance, durability, strength, tech level of built, max performance on each brands top model, easy or hard to get parts, and other things you guys think is important to know.