Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fg c192 mercedes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:20 AM
crow69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fg c192 mercedes

new to large scale r/c, i bought a merc 192 from a m8. it wasnt running which i have now sorted out. infomation is not readily avaliable about this model. i have worked out that it is the long chassi 535mm.

what i dont know is the about width, (416mm) it has much wider rims on the back with a very deep dish. how is this car different from others, is it the front suspension and the parts that hold the body ?.... what other shells will fit

thanks
scott
Old 01-18-2005, 08:09 AM
ammdrew

Default RE: fg c192 mercedes

The wide chassis bodys will all fit with minor body mount changes, to put a sedan body on you will need to do some front suspension changes. the rear is made wider with the wide offset rims.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:28 AM
crow69

so i would need a set of wishbones for the front along with the mounting for the body ... new bumper, in order to fit any other shell, the gt1 porshe seems to have the same with of tyres on the front as well as the rear, so i guess it's not as simple as just buying a different body ...

thanks for u r help !!!!

scott
Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 AM
ammdrew

mostly you will be lookign at different body mounts, check with a local dealer they should be able to put a list of all the parts needed to fit, wishbones should be fine.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:17 PM
AceCoolie

The c192 get it's rear width from the offset wheels. I you want to run normal wheels, you can get wider rear suspension arms to match what you have in front. That's what the Porche and CLK come with.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:28 AM
crow69

sorry for more questions ... but surely then the drive shafts are going to be shorter ????? i think that i am just going to have to get a new c192 shell ... everything else is looking like a lot of hassle

thanks any ways
much appreciated
Old 01-19-2005, 03:30 PM
AceCoolie

Your right...I forgot you need wider drive shafts.