Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Mt CY engine DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Mt CY engine DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
rrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mt CY engine DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[:@]

MT CY engine dead,
Had trouble starting the engine today!! started then stopped,[>:]Changed the plug after checking for a spark all oktried again not a thing would not even cough[&o][&o][&o]

So removed the carb to see if there was any crap in it blown out with a air line,not I thing I could see[&o][&o]refited to engine

tried again still not a thing[&o][&o]got fuel to the carb and into the head as the plug gets wet after keep tryinggreat spark from the plug still will not start[&o][&o]

This is my 5th fg never had any trouble with one beforethis engine got me beat[][]

anyone had same problems,will contact the UK dealer on monday!!
Old 01-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Lee G

Default RE: Mt CY engine DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have petrol geting to the head, plug geting wet. Try string the carb down again.
It took 4 attempts last weekend to clear the crap out of mine.
There is a post about it on here.
There were a few other sudgestions as to what the problem could have been on there as well.

Lee
Old 01-22-2005, 12:26 PM
lawnhawk

As long as your fuel is good, you have fuel in the cylinder, and you have spark, you might have flooded it out. Try cranking it full throttle with no choke. If it starts a poppin' it will go in a few more pulls.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:51 PM
ibstar

ring ? got compresion ?
Old 01-22-2005, 01:21 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Some plugs get what is called Compression fouled out of the cylinder they spark like crazy but under the heavy atmosphere of engine compression there is too much resistance to give a substantial spark to fire. when an engine floods pinch off or remove fuel line, hols full throttle and try to fire engine if its flooded it will take off and run excess fuel out
Old 01-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Lee G

Try these two threads

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Cy_e...2520907/tm.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Spar...2545875/tm.htm

I have heard quality control is a bit poor at the mo.
I ended up remooving top and bottom covers on the carb. Then remooving the needele valve and blowing mine through.

Lee
Old 01-22-2005, 08:22 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

ive read many threads concerning plugged carbs and for some reason there is a gunk/goo that forms at the needle and seat whuch either holds needle open or glues it shut. i just got two new walbro 257's and upon disassembly there was a slime present in the carb body...carb cleaner took care of it. but a note of interest ...i had put a new 257 on the boat but i run Camp stove fuel and never had a problem, this must solvent the crap through the carb...
Old 01-22-2005, 10:50 PM
randyg-rcu

I've found similar "gunk" in the strimmer/chainsaw/etc 2-strokes I work with, on the high/low needle adjustments... I've impressed a few people by "fixing" their engine by tightening the H/L needles all the way in and backing them out the same amount... the lean-running engine suddenly is perfectly adjusted again. Mostly it's caused by people letting 2-stroke gas sit in the carb, evaporating the lighter portions and leaving oil gunk, which somehow always accumulates on the needle valves. Of course, if there's deposits elsewhere this won't do much, but it's amazing how often it helps... My guess is since the needle valves lead to the venturi, and thus are exposed to the atmosphere, the gas drains from the diaphragm to the needles and then evaporates, causing them to be the primary gunk spot.

I'm planning on experimenting running an engine off a bottle of fuel injector cleaner (the stuff you dump in a car's gas tank) and oil, with little/no gas... see if it fixes some of the more stubborn carbs without having to pull them apart and spray everything out with carb cleaner.

And in unrelated news, my cordless drill happily cranks over my 80cc engine. Never again a pullstart!

--Randy
Old 01-23-2005, 03:33 AM
rrover

Thanks for the info will have a go again today and let you know.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:49 AM
rrover

Mt Now runs like a bat out of HELL

Cleaned the carb again, found a small amount of gunk[:'(][:'(]put all back together started with a cough,then ran with no probs
now set it up,set the gap on the plug,best its been since i got it

Many thanks to all who posted a reply

Rrover