Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried Losi LST shocks on their ride?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Anyone tried Losi LST shocks on their ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 12:50 PM
AceCoolie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried Losi LST shocks on their ride?

Has anyone tried to fit Losi LST shocks to their 1/6th scale model? The look like they would fit. I'm not overly impressed with the red body FG shocks on my MT. If I can find the LST shocks somewhere, I think I'll pick some up. Ruff dimensions are 6 7/8" long, 1" diameter.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:03 PM
32Ford

Default RE: Anyone tried Losi LST shocks on their ride?

I have thought about it but have not tried it yet. I have an LST but have been doing other things so the swap is low on my priority list right now but will get around to it early next week. I hate the way the springs squeak against the FG shock body. It's like running your finger nails over a chalkboard. I'll post when i try it.

Jim....
Old 01-24-2005, 03:08 AM
OZ LST

I have 2 LST's, one has been upgraded with Ti shock shafts and threaded bodies. I'm about to order the parts so a i have a complete spare set of shocks-these will go on my Smarttech traveller. The rear will juts require a alloy plate to make the shocks more upright.
I'm going to have to make new upper A-arms for the front just so i can fit them thru, then i'll also need new mounts for the top.
The heaviest spring you can get is 8Lb, not sure if it's going to be enough for the weight of the 1/5th scale. I'll probably have to keep the shock pretty upright so they don't need 20Lb springs????
Old 09-20-2005, 11:09 PM
REVO3.3

Has anyone ever tried to install lst shocks on a t-maxx?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Hmmmm.... first of all. This is a long dead thread!! Secondly, this is not only the wrong forum, but it is not at all on topic in this old thread. To offer some help.... T-maxx has 2 shocks per wheel and you would need to completly custom mount them. Try asking in the MT forums.