Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

No Stock? Where do you buy...!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:43 PM
ricok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Stock? Where do you buy...!?

It seems to me when you're buying a FG, its not about where you can get the best price, its about where you can get stock!! I wanted to buy me a Leopard Race (G260) from PK Model Racing - 800EUR. First they tell me they only have the G230 Leopard Races and then they tell me it will take 6 weeks to order a G260 from FG!! Hows this possible? Then I contact Wolfgang from RACO - same thing, accept that he does'nt even have a G230 in stock!! Now what do I do now? I don't know if Hobbythek will have stock, but the problem is that they charge 959EUR (826 excl) - and I don't even know if they'll give the VAT off.

This is really frustrating!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
batman78

Default RE: No Stock? Where do you buy...!?

Contact Hobbythek, I`m sure they have the Leopard Race with G260 in stock. And they do withdraw the german VAT on request, I have had many orders from Hobbythek and they have always withdrawn the VAT. (Just make sure you remind them to do so when you order.)
Old 02-03-2005, 02:58 PM
ibstar

aint the leopard race 26cc a special order
i thought all the leopard race came with the 23cc cause thats the cc limit for most of the racing classes ?????????
Old 02-03-2005, 03:39 PM
ricok

In the Fg catalogue that state for part number 6006 (Leopard Race) that it comes with a 26ccm engine.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Apache-

If you are searching for a shop having stock than go either Krikke Racing in Holland or Hobbythek Germany. Those shops have a good service, they stock cars and all kinds of spares at all time. Best if you drop them an e-mail directly, taking VAT off shouldn't be a prob, good luck.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Apache-

ORIGINAL: ricok

In the Fg catalogue that state ... it comes with a 26ccm engine.
Better ask the shops to confirm it to prevent dissapointment Ricok!
BTW how is it in south africa, people drive largescale? Any clubs or events there for largescale or will you be the pioneer in RSA?
Old 02-03-2005, 05:24 PM
funshawstud

buy a fire hammer lol
no problems with getting parts or finding the car and if ya do have to buy parts they are half the price.
I have tried to break this car for 2 months and nothing !
I know this is playing with fire but I had to say it !
Dont get me wrong I really like the FG cars as well but everyone I talk to has problems with supply and that takes all the fun out of it.
Just suggesting another option is all.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:40 PM
glenn201

thats why i got a fire hammer its seams like a good car to me this is my first gas car i really like the fg but cant get it at hobby shop i go to xtm makes one just like the fire hammer but no radio gear
Old 02-04-2005, 12:44 AM
ricok

Apache

As for Cape Town, where I'm living, there's not much going on in the official offroad racing department. Some guys are currently trying to get 'n track up and running in a place called Melkbosstrand - they're not succeeding - its really not up to standard. Don't really know how hard they're trying though?

On the other hand, onroad racing is going well here in Cape Town.

As for the rest of South Africa I know there's proper tracks up in the Johannesburg area, but its really not worth flying there for offroad rc racing.

Large scale, specifically, I think is not very big South Africa. Maybe its too expensive? For example, you can buy a Monster Beetle in Cape Town for R10000 -> more or less 1280EURO and then its not RTR! Nothing keeps you from importing a FG yourself though, as I'm going to do.

At the moment I'm buying the car only for leisure purposes. I would like to race, but I first need to get into the hobby/sport of RC. If I really like it, I probably will make an effort to get things up and running here in Cape Town area.

The VAT rate in South Africa is 14%. Where did you here about the word BTW - that Afrikaans for VAT! Belasting op Toegevoegde Waarde. Interesting!

If there's other guys from South Africa taking part in this excellent forum on RCUniverse, let me know. Would like to here from you...
Old 02-04-2005, 05:12 AM
original.mb

try king cobra racing in rossendale, they are the sole stockings for fg in uk, when mb first came out last year no one had them in stock so i got my yellow pages out and did the advert thing low and behold king cobra was the 2nd place i rang not only did they have mb in stock it had a 26cc zenoah engine, wow it was like the old yellow pages advert when u ring up expecting them to say no sorry 6 weeks but my preys were answered and i was in 6th gear on the motorway to grab my mb asap.

peace

.ps.- they deliver overseas
Old 02-04-2005, 09:11 AM
ricok

Nope! Hobbytek does'nt wanna know anything about discharging me from the VAT. They sell it for 959EUR and thats it! Thats really unfair from their side. Anyway, screw them. I'll wait the 6 weeks for my G260 Leopard Race!

I'll give King Cobra a try though...
Old 02-04-2005, 09:22 AM
original.mb

make sure u check king cobra i'm sure they will have in stock what u require
Old 02-04-2005, 03:16 PM
cormierone

Ricok,

HobbyTek doesn't charge a VAT going to the US, the only thing you get charged for is the shipping. I have ordered 2 cars from them and I didn't pay a VAT.

Cormierone