Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

newbie engine stall help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:22 PM
seve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie engine stall help

Hi guys, iv just made the move from nitro to petrol.. iv brought a new FG monster beetle and its great, the only thing im having a prob with is when i put brake on it wants to stall .. its fine in neutral position but the extra leaverage to apply the brake just pushes the carb closed to much and it stalls.. the engine is the G230RC1 iv tried screwing in neutral gear adjusting screw but it doesnt make any differance. any advice would be much appr...
Old 02-04-2005, 01:32 PM
FGUK
Banned

Default RE: newbie engine stall help

You just need to re set the throttle linkage, set it so that when the servo is in the neutral position the gas rod is all the way back so the carb is as closed as it can be. Justa bit of a juggle around with the collets on the throttle arm should set you right!

God I'm helpful!

Old 02-04-2005, 01:33 PM
skulldoctor

when u put on your throttle/brake servo did u center it first???
Old 02-04-2005, 02:00 PM
seve

Hi thanks for quick response. skull im not sure wot u mean by centre. i did conect it so it was neutral ?.. FGUK when u say the gas rod should be all the way back so carb is closed iv done that, but it closes so much it just stalls,when the transmiter is in neutral its fine it idles its just when i put brake on that it stalls how can i adjust the carb so at braking it dosent close the carb up and stall .. sorry if im being slow here
Old 02-04-2005, 02:05 PM
FGUK
Banned

No probs!

The throttle rod should be adjusted so that it can't go any further back when you brake.

Have you got your basic carb settings at the factory settings? H + L needle and idle screw, there's a very good guide at:

www.effectivetuning.com

You have got the spring etc all in the right place? When the brake is applied it shouldn't move the arm on the carb at all, the rod might bend a little but when it's closed then it's closed!
Old 02-04-2005, 02:34 PM
seve

Thanks FGUK.. ok its had half a tank through it so far so and 2 days old.. havent touched carb settings apart from neutral gear adjustment screw which iv screwed in to try and stop the carb from closing right up.. the rod does bend slightly when you apply the brake which forces the carb arm to close down just to much maybe 1/16 enough to make it stall ..as you release brake the carb arm resets itself to back and is fine... its all set up as per pic in manual ..probs with this server tonight so cant send pic ..when you apply throttle, brake is in neutral ..when u apply brake throttle closees down in my case to much. sorry not good at explaining .if i could just stop carb arm from shutting down so much
Old 02-04-2005, 02:46 PM
ibstar

you might find as the motor loosens up a little it will idle
if not just adjust here
? the throttle rod should slide on a spring ? and not bend
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96231.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	224881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43528.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	224882  
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 PM
seve

thanks for advice guys al put a couple of tanks thruo and c if its better..the carb rod does bend a small amount not excesive and its basicaly the same as your layout ibstar.. so al stic with it and hopefully it wil improve ..unlike my wive who found out how much it cost...
Old 02-04-2005, 06:15 PM
ibstar

seve
oh mate your in trouble now