Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MCD information...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MCD information...

Hi.... again

I have grown more and more interested in these MCD Hummer h1, both with and without monster tires. I have looked at every related MCD site and downloaded a few not so good videos, and pictures, but at least the videos isn't that great... it's hard to see the cars clearly, and there is only pictures of the non hummer monster.

So i have to ask you, if you got this kinda wheels standing in your home, would you mind please.. post some pictures up close and detailed, and if you got a video it would be great [sm=thumbup.gif] It doesn't have to be hummer version, but a hummer is what I'm planning on anyways.

Could you please post them here or mail me as much as possible about this ? pictures, vids, and please feel free to make a review about this car good/bad, it doesn't matter, just want all the info i can get.

Thanks for your time guys !!!
Old 02-11-2005, 02:11 PM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MCD information...

I have a friend who has the blueline Dodge monster truck, G260 with a samba pipe. Its a great piece of engeneering, its well built goes very very well and is the biggest rc I have seen, he also has a subaru imprezza shell for it that is 37" long bumper to bumper.[X(]

however It seems too big to be a great toy. I think you have to drive it to really see what I mean, its a bit cumbersome its great but its just not right somehow. Hes selling it now after buying an FG MT which is no where near as well built/engineered but is so much better in every other aspect.

Getting spares for it is a bit of a nightmare as well.
I'll try and get some pics though and post them over the weekend.
Col.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Automan

Thanks kiora for the info !!! Would be great to see some pictures. Do you friend perhaps have some videos when he drove his Dodge monster ?
What i can see is that standard this blueline cars have 230cc Zenoah's, but they can probably be changed later for bigger engine, i think the drive chain of the car can take it, right ? Yes, it really seams to be a very nice and well built car. And i have also heard that spare parts are tricky to get, but with this big size and great built there is probably not much breaking on them i think.

Too big ? .....perhaps, maybe, but i just got to have one. It's a little bit expensive, but hopefully worth the money.

Guys, there must be more out there with this MCD Hummer/Dodge's monsters ? No stressing, but there must be a few that have them right ?
Old 02-11-2005, 03:49 PM
RCholic

There's NOT too many out there Automan71!
I started a post a month or so ago (search) and only 1 or 2 answered... actually one of the guys has his up on ebay now... (search MCD) It's a blackline Hummer with both sets of tires MT and H1's

I bought mine off ebay last winter and LOVE it! It's by far the biggest "non-custom built" RC I've ever come across. Mine is the blue line w/ bearings on all 3 Diffs. 4WD "dogbones"! There are only a 1 or 2 mods out there for it AND You know the "Parts story"already... But I can forget all about those...
When you see this MASSIVE RC throwing FOUR 6' Roosters into the air![X(][8D] IT TURNS HEADS!!!
You do need lots of room to drive it though... It does have a bigger, bulkier feel to it than an FG and I have to say I DO NOT beat on it anyway close to my FG Beetle!

I've been doing/having some custom work to mine this winter. I have some prior Pics before mods... Sorry, no modded pics till she's back together...

For some great video.. visit MCD4x4.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43573.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	227922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88354.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	227923  
Old 02-11-2005, 03:53 PM
RCholic

Few More...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32962.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	227924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27265.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	227925  
Old 02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Automan

Thanks so much RCholic for all the information, great [sm=thumbup.gif]

When seeing your car on those pictures, love the color and how it looks in the snow.... i have to (pinch my self... am i dreaming ) really tell my self it's a RC car and not a real 1/1 Hummer, it just looks so 1/1 scale, so massive and... just incredible, i can hardly believe it's a RC you know, woooow.

Now i want it even more (thanks allot RCholic ), it's exactly what i really want... a big Hummer RC that looks as good as this one, it's just incredible [sm=eek.gif]

Funny, i just pm you in about the same time as you made your first post here in this topic [sm=biggrin.gif]

If you got the time later... don't wanna nag or anything, but if you can take some vids on your great looking blueline Hummer, i would be ever so grateful to you.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:05 PM
jeepfreak1972

RCholic. Where did you get those jack stands from? I have the sears version of the jack, but I have yet to find the stands.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:49 PM
RCholic

No problem Bo!!! Anytime!
[sm=redface.gif] Thank you VERY MUCH for the compliments... [sm=redface.gif]
I've always loved the H1 and when I saw this... HAD TO HAVE thing
Upside... LOTS of Custom Goodies being done to this RC this winter...
Downside... Little or No RC'n... []
When it's back together I'll post more up-to-date pics

jeepfreak1972... Got the stands and jack through "Harbor Freight" tools and hardware...
Goes great with this scale RC
Old 02-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Automan

Thanks Bryan !! Thats good to know [sm=thumbup.gif]

Maybe i cant buy the MCD blueline Hummer h1 right now, because i have some stuff to get and pay for to my Fg Bigfoot, some stuff like alloy wheels, and cosmetics and some other small stuff i ordered and probably forgot [sm=biggrin.gif] But i will get them next week I'm told. And last month i bought a top of the line Technokit limited ed road racing 1/5, and now latest a few Futaba 3pk there have been some expenses, and going to be little bit more. So i have to start bigtimesaving after i have collected those things to the Bigfoot.
I know 110% i want the MCD blueline Hummer h1, and it's going to happen !!!!! asap... i'll do my very best to get it soon, because i want it soooooo baad !!! [sm=biggrin.gif] I also like the looks on some of those 1/4, but i think they are a little bit to expensive right now.... and they are impossible to get part to, just make em your self, and i don't know if I'm that good []

RCholic, just want to ask you some important things thats good to know when i order the car, does it have the same fastening of wheels as a for example 1/5 road car, Fg Bigfoot ? What spare part is a good thing to have and order right away ? those gears thats in the open at the side, is a set of them needed you think ? is there a cover to buy for them ? other parts ? please if you will, make i list of good things to have that can break on it, some known things maybe ?

RCholic
Old 02-12-2005, 11:32 AM
RCholic

automan71,

A 3PK HAS TO BE my next purchase... My Beetle now has Front and Rear Hydros... So I need Brake Mixing

MCD axles are differenet than the FG's, So rims can not be swapped... For the Moment...
I have had NO problems with the exposed gears, I feel it's because they are SOO exposed... small rocks and items don't really have anything to get catchup against next to the gears to get stuck... There is no gear cover made for them either.
I've only broken A-arms and ball joints, from those darn trees and rocks that get in the way...

I've heard of the plastic trans blocks and gear carrier melting from heat buildup (which even the Blue line has), But there IS an aftermarket alum. upgrade for this problem.
I've never experienced this personally though AND I've run over a gallon of fuel through it so far. I do not run it for hours on end though, So that maybe why.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:23 PM
mrmaxxman

ORIGINAL: jeepfreak1972

RCholic. Where did you get those jack stands from? I have the sears version of the jack, but I have yet to find the stands.
check harbor freight. i got a pair of little racheting jack stands they are perfect for holding up my txt
Old 02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
jeepfreak1972

Thanks for the info on the jack stands. Getting some soon.